Search results

1. zogdart

Firmware: Canon EOS R v1.4.0, this is a major firmware update (Update: Firmware removed)

The 26 of September is when we should be able to get our hands on the new RF lens so it makes sense. I'm waiting for a confirmation for the date I should get my RF 24-70... I really hope it's going to be the 26 because I'm doing a big job (calendar+magazine) in Mexico and i'm leaving the 30th...
  2. zogdart

Review: New Canon EOS R firmware

I can't wait to get this new firmware. Now the question is how much of an improvement will it be! but a least it will be an improvement. When I opened the article one things got my attention, If you look at all the sample images he doesn't have any full length, I mean if you want to prove a...
  3. zogdart

Canon officially announces the RF 15-35mm f/2.8L IS USM, RF 24-70mm f/2.8L IS USM and new firmware for the EOS R and EOS RP

you can costomize pretty much everything, I have set mine with a button so it switch only to 3 different focus mode. so I don't have to cycle trough all of them. The eye detect, the small single box, and the larger one after that.
  4. zogdart

Canon officially announces the RF 15-35mm f/2.8L IS USM, RF 24-70mm f/2.8L IS USM and new firmware for the EOS R and EOS RP

Exactly what I was waiting for the Eye detection so I can stay in this mode if it performed well! Since I don't do to much action it should be fine!!! I can't wait! I spoke with the canon Rep yesterday I should be on the list in Canada to get my hands on the first batch of the 24-70 I hope I...
  5. zogdart

Specifications and pricing for the Canon RF 15-35mm f/2.8L IS and Canon RF 24-70 f/2.8L IS

The difference is you can register your gear in the CPS portal, and you guys in the US have a point system, we don't have that in Canada. But you can only have CPS Prices on top lens like L-Series and pro body. It doesn't make any sense that We don't have CPS prices for the RF L series lens! I...
  6. zogdart

Specifications and pricing for the Canon RF 15-35mm f/2.8L IS and Canon RF 24-70 f/2.8L IS

Did you get CPS prices? or are you talking about the page where you can register your gear? because if that's the case I see I can register a 40mm pancake lens and I'm pretty sure that a 200$ lens is not consider CPS price wise! PS: your link doesn't work I'm assuming it's your CPS portal! (...
  7. zogdart

Where did you see that for Canon Canada? do you have link? Thanks!!!
  8. zogdart

I ask for some RF price lens today (85 F1.2+28-70 F2), And I was told that they are not consider for CPS, the buyer confirmed that with the Canon Rep. That sound strange to me I can see that on the U.S. they are! Did you guys tried and get some CPS prices on the RF lens yet?
  9. zogdart

Firmware: Canon EOS RP v1.3.0

I love how people can make a judgment on one post! I have been a Canon user for many years, I have also been a platinum CPS member for many years. I pay top dollar for my gear and So I think it's ok for me to say that I'm disappointed. It's the Canon mentality that bugs me. Look at the RP for...
  10. zogdart

I shoot a lot of magazines. French Canadian celebrities, red carpet, and also a lot models for a magazine that is similar to FHM/Maxim... so I'm pretty versatile. I would like to be able to use the face detection without having to constantly switch when I am a little to far away. it rarely work...
  11. zogdart

We’ve received the pricing for the new RF lenses

All the RF lens I have tested are significantly better that the EF. The one that was miles away was the RF50mm F1.2 compared to my EF 50mm F.1.2
  12. zogdart

We’ve received the pricing for the new RF lenses

The RF 28-70 F2 is 3000$ I did a test drive with my CPS ands it's an amazing lens. I'm hopping that the 24-70 F2.8 will be cheaper. I can't buy both and I really need the 4mm extra for some events unfortunately. otherwise I would go for the 28-70 F2 if there is only 500$ difference.
  13. zogdart

Not yet, I'm waiting for the EOS R pro body this will be a make or break for me... I love the RF lens but they really got to step up big time with there body and the AF!
  14. zogdart

They have added the exact same firmware for the EOS R. So disappointed right now... I'm would like to stay with Canon but they keep on disappointing me. I see all my colleagues changing for Sony here in Montreal, many of them where Canon user. I really hoped for an AF improvements among other...