Search results

1. BradC

Canon may introduce a new menu system in upcoming cameras [CR2]

If they would drill down and really separate the camera into two components and separate whats really necessary for stills and video, it might help the overwhelming feeling. When you switch dials it should totally be configured for each accordingly.
  2. BradC

New Firmware coming to the Canon EOS R

I've used both and I find this to be completely and utterly false. The speedbooster alone can account for the loss in appeared resolution/sharpness. I would still rate the 1080 higher with Sigma glass.
  3. BradC

Well it’s Canon and they’ve been known to hamstring product just because. So yeah, that’s what I’m saying. If you’re really trying to sell me on the EOS R’s “sensor technology isn’t capable”... then I’m not buying it.
  4. BradC

I love patronizing replies. Its processing power and resolution. The M6 Mark II and 90D can both do it with similar (though not the same) MP count as the R and, identical Digic 8 processors. The difference being FF and APSC.
  5. BradC

Canon should at least give this camera one more firmware update that gives it 1080/120 but no autofocus. The fact that it only has 720p is quite laughable when it could clearly do it, and easily.
  6. BradC

Video While in M, C1, C2 not behaving like I’d hoped?

Hey friends, I’ve been using the Canon M50 for the last year and a half, and recently added the M6 Mark II to the stable. I know the Canon menus inside and out and have them both configured exactly to my liking and they work well together for continuity. 50/50 for video and photo. True hybrid...
  7. BradC

Did Canon confirm the 45mp resolution of the Canon EOS R5 sensor?

I still have this feeling that the R5 is the "everything" camera, but still room above it for the mirrorless "1DX" that slots above it in the line. They're literally throwing everything they can at the R5 to seal the deal for a lot of people. The R6 is still going to be seriously impressive...
  8. BradC

Images of the Canon EOS Ra appear – UPDATE

Is this drop in IR filter something that already exists or are you saying it would be logical to offer it that way? If that’s all you meant, then I totally agree.
  9. BradC

Why has Canon omitted 24p 4K recording in their new cameras such as the EOS M6 Mark II, EOS 90D and EOS RP?

There’s really no good logical reason for this. They can give excuses, but it doesn’t make common sense. It’s not a Digic 8 issue. The M50 does 24p just fine. It’s “low end”. With regards to the article, it’s not even 4K-24p that’s missing... it’s 24p *anything*. I don’t even need 4K, even...