Search results

1. S

Rumors are slow, let’s talk RF lens wish lists

I was not aware! That'd be a cool lens to source, if not for anything else the novelty of it.
  2. S

Its probably a bit subjective. I'm in the wedding game and shoot wildly different subject. I also offer large print products so cropping isn't really a solution. I'm the biggest fan of 35mm/85mm combo, so to have just one lens to achieve this with everything in-between would be great.
  3. S

Dream lens = 35-85mm f2 that would be my one and done lens!
  4. S

Here is the Canon Cinema EOS C70

Yo it has a flippy screen.
  5. S

Canon R5 owners... how has your experience with IBIS been? Works great with all my lenses except one

For those interested, I did end up purchasing a sigma usb dock and updated the firmware on the lens. The ibis now works flawlessly, so I'm hapoy.
  6. S

Canon R5 owners... how has your experience with IBIS been? Works great with all my lenses except one

That's not a bad idea. Unfortunately I don't own one. Might hit up a local camera store to see if they can help me out.
  7. S

The IBIS is a thing of beauty in this camera. It works flawlessly with both my Canon EF 85mm 1.4 IS, and my Sigma 50mm 1.4 art lens. However when I attach my Sigma 24-35mm f2, the IBIS is really jittery and unusable. This is both in photo and video mode. Anyone had a similar experience or could...
  8. S

Preorder: Canon EOS R5, Canon EOS R6 and new lenses

I'm a wedding videographer and despite the apparent overheating issues, have put in for a preorder. Now while I obviously haven't tested the camera and can't know this for sure, I've already budgeted for ways to mitigate the heat issue. I've already got an atomos ninja v which I plan on using...
  9. S

I'm in Australia and shoot at 25p, unless I want to slow the footage down in which case I'll shoot at 50p.
  10. S

Hey mate, not sure if anyone has answered this for you (couldn't be bothered scrolling through haha). Basically All-I and IPB are two different ways of compressing the frames in the video file. Putting it very simply, All-i will be a higher quality file with more data and less compression. I...
  11. S

Canon announces more mind blowing specs for the Canon EOS R5

"That looks like a great camera with awesome stills features that I desire in a camera. Oh and it's $3,500? I'm happy to pay that for these great photo features! ...Oh, did you say it can shoot video too? Nevermind, I won't pay a cent over $2,500 for that camera."
  12. S

Canon announces more mind blowing specs for the Canon EOS R5

I film weddings and I definitely fall into the category of someone who is fired up over the video specs. I'm transitioning to making 4k the standard I deliver films to clients and the R5 will surely join my arsenal. One thing I'm real mindful of is these films are an investment, and I'd like to...
  13. S

What’s next from Canon in 2020?

He literally wasn't even referring to whether 8K was practical or not. He was talking about necessary Mp to achieve 8K. Not sure why you're arguing something he wasn't even talking about.
  14. S

What’s next from Canon in 2020?

I reckon Sigma wouldn't be too far away from releasing some nice 1.4 primes for RF.
  15. S

Round-up: All of the rumored Canon gear to appear over the last week

With a 2x crop, I'd gladly whack a sigma 18-35 on there which would mean I'm getting 4k 120p with a 36-70mm with creamy bokeh. I don't see the problem here :cool:
  16. S

Canon releases financials and lays out advanced EOS R plans

Sharing your opinion on what you'd like in a camera is fine, but where do you get these random figures from other than your own bias? Plenty shoot video on FF.
  17. S

Canon EOS R5 Specifications

We get it. You hate EVFs.
  18. S

Canon EOS RS Specifications? [CR1]

The photo details seem to be quite plausible and would be great if true. The video side of things is highly unlikely, but not impossible. As others have mentioned, it doesn't mention any caveats but there definitely would be some if this was true. If video specs were true (and I'm being way...
  19. S

Potential Canon EOS R Mark II specifications [CR1]

YouTube is the wrong place to look for those who use the 4k capabilities. I consistently use 4k for wedding filmmaking. You would find a lot more users on vimeo. Also, just because a video on YouTube isn't 4k, doesn't mean it wasn't shot in 4k. Downscaling 4k footage has it's benefits.