Search results

1. richperson

Can Canonrumors stop posting body stock notices for Canon USA???

This statement is not true when using a debit card. Yes, technically, they don't actually remove the money, but the bank puts a hold on the full amount so I cannot access it. I use the same method of payment at B&H and Adorama and nothing is taken out of my account and nothing is held. So...
  2. richperson

Sorry, but after two tries with two different bodies, I completely don't believe this--especially at a company the size of Canon. It would require a suspension of reality I cannot make. Both times the web site was days behind the true stock--years apart. So they are aware of the lag, but...
  3. richperson

This is now the second time that I followed a post by canon rumors where they said an R3 body was in stock at Canon, Canon USA said it was in stock, took my money, then after told me it was on backorder. Same thing happed with the R5. I don't know if this is bait and switch, or Canon just...
  4. richperson

Stock Notice: Canon EOS R3 bodies at Canon USA

Really disappointed I fell for this. Typical CanonUSA. They post in stock all the way through the order, charge your credit card and then after you are done they say they are back ordered. I forgot why I don't order from them. I remembered the hard way.
  5. richperson

Up to 6 month delay for R3

Another good reason to not use PayPal. One of many good reasons.
  6. richperson

Up to 6 month delay for R3

B&H mistakenly sent out an email saying all R3 orders on the waiting list were cancelled. It was quickly followed up by an email saying that the waiting list would be maintained. I can only imagine how many contacts they got after the first one went out.
  7. richperson

RF Lens Rumors-RF 135mm

Not that I've seen, but I have money in the bank waiting for it. Definitely the lens I am most interested in.
  8. richperson

More Canon RF 400mm f/2.8L IS USM information

I'm somewhat glad as it keeps me from feeling like I'm missing something by keeping my older glass. I will be very curious to see what they do with the 200-500mm f/4. It would be great if they could find a way to lighten that one up.
  9. richperson

Two new RF L mount lenses rumored for 2021 [CR1]

Many seem to complain about the AF speed (slow) and sharpness (or lack thereof). And Canon should be able to optimize one for the RF mount, which should perform better and maybe be significantly lighter.
  10. richperson

Share R5 delivery experience

My general rule is that I try not to duplicate focal length with a one stop difference. So, I like my 24-105mm f/4 and 28-70mm f/2. One stop doesn't usually make a huge difference in what I shoot, but two often does.
  11. richperson

I just got notice my 11:18 body shipped and will also arrive tomorrow. Yahoo.
  12. richperson

My 10:33 got notice and charged this morning, and is on its way for delivery tomorrow. My 11:18 was charged, but still says "in progress".
  13. richperson

My 11:18 order just went in progress and charged too. Hopefully many others to follow.
  14. richperson

Hey, my first one too. My 10:33 ET order says in progress, but my 11:19 is still backordered.
  15. richperson

I think it depends a lot on your size. I have carried it around in a sling pack many times. I would be hesitant to do that with an EF 200mm f/2, which is massive, but the RF 28-70 to me is only marginally larger than the RF 85mm 1.2, which I also like. I can see how it would be too big for...
  16. richperson

By the time I get mine, FW 1.2.8 will be installed.
  17. richperson

I still wish Canon would come out with a 120-300 f/2.8, or something like that. Hard to swallow that Nikon has such a useful lens and Canon doesn't.
  18. richperson

They need a true sports R now, but I agree with the above. The 500 f/2.8 could be a lens that would draw some pros given nobody else makes it. I'm also guessing it won't be a much, if any, larger than the EF 400mm f/2.8 iii. The RF lenses produced to this point have generally been smaller or...
  19. richperson

Not addressed to me, but I own it. Fantastic for most sports in less than ideal light, and also very nice for portraits. And yes, I want all three of those lenses. But, probably would focus on the 70-135mm f/2.
  20. richperson

Mine was order July 9 at 10:33, so I will go on faith that I'm in the Sept 16 batch. I didn't receive a notice, but that email account can tend to hide what it thinks is spam.