Search results

1. mcfrlnd

Canon EOS M50 Mark II coming in 2020 [CR2]

I think Canon could benefit from slimming down their product offerings here. I don't know if the numbers support having both the M5 and M50. With the M50 clearly the better seller, it could make sense for them to cannibalize the M5 and just produce a much improved M50. There's no reason why they...
  2. mcfrlnd

Canon announces more mind blowing specs for the Canon EOS R5

I'm of the same mind...$3500. I'm also banking on their pronouncement of being aggressive in the market...crossing my fingers! That CFE card is going to fill up quick with 8K :)
  3. mcfrlnd

Canon announces more mind blowing specs for the Canon EOS R5

Just missing the price now...
  4. mcfrlnd

IBIS coming to EOS M in 2020 [CR1]

At some point Canon is going to phase out DSLR entirely. I can't imagine it taking longer than a few years. They've already established the R as the heir apparent to FF body lineup. It may not be exactly what we have today or impending future, but I can't imagine it being wholly different. I...
  5. mcfrlnd

IBIS coming to EOS M in 2020 [CR1]

RP body or similar would be great for the higher end model. The point and shoot sizes of the current crop of M bodies is just too small...and get a bigger battery in those things!!
  6. mcfrlnd

Two new EOS M camera bodies coming in the second half of 2020 [CR2]

I'm not on the market for an APS-C camera, but I've played with Canon's M lineup. What would be nice IMO would be a robust body that better fits in the hand based off of the M5. All of the M bodies are just a bit too small...like handling a bar of Lava soap. IBIS and latest AF would be...
  7. mcfrlnd

Canon U.S.A. To Host Virtual Press Conference For New Professional Imaging Products And Technologies

Though I have no use for cinema cameras, it's exciting to see Canon up their game. Like all of you, I'm itching for the official announcement/release of the R5...I've got the RF 15-35 and 24-105 ready for shooting some sweet sweet b-roll.
  8. mcfrlnd

Canon confirms that the EOS R5 is the 5D series equivalent for mirrorless

Encouraging news! Hoping for a summer/early fall release.
  9. mcfrlnd

Canon updates EOS R5 8K and autofocus information

Same sentiment...$3200-3500.
  10. mcfrlnd

Canon updates EOS R5 8K and autofocus information

Aggressive Canon > overly confident Canon
  11. mcfrlnd

There are delays in production for both the Canon EOS R5 and Canon EOS R6

Just this year sometime, or my wife will whoop me!
  12. mcfrlnd

Canon releases financials and lays out advanced EOS R plans

Really looking forward to the R5 and R6...crossing my fingers they'll mostly match the hype. I also hope Canon will be aggressive with their pricing to increase their mirrorless market share.
  13. mcfrlnd

Canon EOS R6 specifications [CR3]

aaahhhhh....10 hours and 4 pages late to the game. So, I've been waiting for the R Mark II. Based on the this rumored lineup, will the R6 be it? The solo "R" moniker was just a trial run, then? Anyway, really looking forward to seeing the video specs of this Sixer...
  14. mcfrlnd

Canon EOS M200 coming soon

Surprised (not really) to hear about more mark II releases vs new fast(er) EF-M lenses. It's not like Canon needs that many to up the M game, but it needs it.