Search results

1. Noah

Firmware: Canon releases v1.4.0 for the Canon EOS R5

You don't have to, you just stop checking to see if i.S. is switched off on your lens!
  2. Noah

Need Help Using EOS-R for Birding - Auto Focus and Metering

Hi and welcome to the forum. I'll try to help as an EOS R user for 2 years. The camera changed my photography for the better being mirrorless but I virtually stopped trying to get action shots due to the camera's shortcomings. I was told by 2 Canon reps that the EOS R was the wrong choice for...
  3. Noah

Show your Bird Portraits

Thanks Alan, I've done the same now and it looks more natural. I imported the RAW file into Photos, cropped and exported as JPEG to upload. (Must do better next time!) p.s. How is the 90D for birds in flight and spot focusing? The EOS R is still hopeless at BIF even with the new firmware so I'm...
  4. Noah

Show your Bird Portraits

Thanks for your comments & critical eye, Nat. You're right, it does look off. It was a quick edit and upload of a shot I'd just taken. I'll take more care next time. :)
  5. Noah

Canon EOS R firmware 1.4.0 now available for download

Doesn't work on my dog, she has spots. Usual excuses.
  6. Noah

Tried it today and it's improved from unusable to hopeless for anything smaller than a horse at any distance away with a 400mm lens. User error, obviously.
  7. Noah

Show your Bird Portraits

Thanks, EOS R with EF100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM +1.4x
  8. Noah

Show your Bird Portraits

Of course, but I'll explain what I meant by 'hoping'. Pecs are regular but scarce migrants in the UK and news gets out quickly when one is found. Often fieldcraft is not possible where birders and photographers are present and anyone getting too close is publicly shamed for doing so, even if the...
  9. Noah

Show your Bird Portraits

One from the garden, a common bird here in the UK - Blue Tit.
  10. Noah

Show your Bird Portraits

That's a beauty. I haven't been that close to a Pec since I've had decent camera equipment. Here's hoping!
  11. Noah

Good to hear! I've just downloaded it here in the UK and can't wait until daylight to try it out with my 100-400L IS II. Up to now it's been pretty hopeless, I got better focussing with my first DSLR, a Nikon D40 with Sigma 70-300. I'm hoping for great things...
  12. Noah

Show your Bird Portraits

Much appreciated, thanks.
  13. Noah

Show your Bird Portraits

Many thanks, I've been loitering for a while and decided to jump in.
  14. Noah

Show your Bird Portraits

Thanks, I wondered why it wasn't embedded though the thumb opens to full size. Here it is again.
  15. Noah

Show your Bird Portraits

My first post so I'll make it a colourful one - European Bee-eater taken in Bulgaria. EOS R body, 100-400L lens at 400mm.