Search results

1. LocationImaging

Let’s talk Canon EOS R1, the flagship of flagships?

Yes, sir. Motorsports, specifically. We actually use the images for an engineering purpose and do study the images very carefully. Many times, our speeds are in excess of 210 mph.
  2. LocationImaging

A must in my eyes for the R1 regarding memory card slots is the ability to use the same card in both slots. I live the fact that my R3 and Mk III bodies share the same batteries, as I have many of each to support the fleet. I am probably close to 40 Type B cards and 14 batteries. If there is...
  3. LocationImaging

Three big items stand out to me as a power user of Canon bodies. 1) Durability is the biggest selling point for me, but I believe that with the advent of mirrorless bodies, this may no longer be a major issue. All three of my 1Dx Mk III bodies have been in for shutter and mirror replacement...
  4. LocationImaging

Laowa introduces the 20mm f/4 Zero-D shift lens for Canon RF and EF

With respect to Tilt/Shift lenses, if I can't have tilt and shift, then the lens is useless.
  5. LocationImaging

Well, well, well… could this be Canon’s lens roadmap for 2021? [CR2]

Shocked there is no 300 f/2.8L
  6. LocationImaging

Rumors are slow, let’s talk RF lens wish lists

One thing I did forget that I want to mention. 12mm and 25mm Canon RF Extension Tubes. I like to shoot macro with extension tubes that don't take a lot of room in the RF bag. I have a cheap knock-off set but really want the Canon quality... Thoughts?
  7. LocationImaging

Agree 100%. Big/fast lenses fit with what I do, and I agree there are many other uses for the 1DX Mk III. But isn't that the direction the R Series of mirrorless bodies are headed? I am sure that Canon is a little strapped for engineering manpower when it comes to product development. I am...
  8. LocationImaging

I am replacing 1DX Mk II bodies with Mk III bodies as quick as I can (3 left) and a 50mm lens isn't even in my bag for what I shoot. This is a pro sports body, the best of the best with a mirror. I use them for fast action sports and there is only twice each year that a lens as small as a...
  9. LocationImaging

Two new RF L mount lenses rumored for 2021 [CR1]

I held one for 5 1/2 hours last night on top of a monopod! No problem! JFM
  10. LocationImaging

Two new RF L mount lenses rumored for 2021 [CR1]

Was hoping someone would do the math. Thanks a bunch! Just interested, how does the 400 f/2.8 stand against these diameters? I'm sitting here next to one but I'm too lazy to measure! When I travel with my 400 vs my 600, the 400 feels like a larger diameter lens vs the 600 being longer. When...