Search results

1. JohnC

Canon adapter falling off

It "sounds" like the catch isn't engaged, and there can rotate back and disconnect. It should "click" right as you fully tighten it.
  2. JohnC

RF 10-20 availability

I'd love to have one of these lenses, but I need a cpl so much I'm afraid I wouldn't carry it often. Love the ef 11-24, which fworks for me due to the adapter.
  3. JohnC

Sunrise

Thank you!
  4. JohnC

Sunrise

5. JohnC

Landscapes

Great Smoky Mountains National Park
  6. JohnC

Canon EOS R5 Mark II sensor resolution likely to stick at 45mp but with new AI features [CR2]

Although I could avoid a subscription service by switching to some other raw editor, I then have to learn the intricacies of it in the same way I've spent well over a decade learning Lightroom. Okay, so you make a commitment and do so...goodbye subscription, although at a significant time...
  7. JohnC

Canon EOS R5 Mark II sensor resolution likely to stick at 45mp but with new AI features [CR2]

Same, I haven't seen an increase at all.
  8. JohnC

I've walked up to that line many times. And still may. The gfx and lenses have sat in my cart at by for quite some time.
  9. JohnC

Canon’s 2024 Roadmap, and the timeline surprised us [CR3]

Actually, you started this particular party with a somewhat antagonistic generalization about what "people here" must not care about, that you do care about. I'm sure the response (s) you received were what your goal was in the first place, yet now you attempting to use those statements to...
  10. JohnC

Photography-on-the-net Forums to close at the end of 2023

Not clear where this belief comes from. I was a member at POTN for 16 years, and film photography was a very small section of that forum. I mean it was called Canon Digital Photography Forum, then Digital Photography Forum (as there were other brands represented there as well). Quite a few...
  11. JohnC

Canon announces three large format LUCIA PRO II imagePROGRAF printers

I don't think Canon will stop producing the original Lucia ink anytime soon enough to worry about. I'm curious to see what if any effect the inclusion of wax in the formula does re: nozzle clogging.
  12. JohnC

I've been a relatively active member on POTN since 2008. Like most I have really active periods and then quiet periods. It's a huge site with a lot of members, still a lot of activity, and a tremendous amount of history. I hate to see it go. I've mentioned this site a few times over there in...
  13. JohnC

I agree on the way it sounds. I don't have personal knowledge, but the impression I get from some other posts is there might be more going with Pekka than his concern over the implied "decline" of the industry. It doesn't change your point of course.
  14. JohnC

Landscapes

Thank you very much sir! Fortunate to be in the right place at the right time.
  15. JohnC

Lightroom 13.0 adds support for 'AI assisted' fake lens blur

I have played around with this a little on a couple of images. From that, I'd say it is fairly powerful. The point color adjustment tools introduced are REALLY nice.
  16. JohnC

Canon RF 10-20mm f/4L USM announcement tonight

Looks like a nice lens but....no ability dot use filters (cpl) means I won't be buying it. I'll stick with the EF 11-24. I know it can take a rear gel but that is practical for polarizing.
  17. JohnC

Landscapes

18. JohnC

Black and White Landscapes!

Thanks Eric! This is a pretty old image, 2009. I didn't own it long, but I shot this with the Canon EF 17-40L. I probably owned the lens less than 2 months. I soon got a Zeiss Distagon 21, and it became my main lens for quite some time.
  19. JohnC

Black and White Landscapes!

20. JohnC

There are jints of a version II of a current RF lens coming in 2024 [CR2]

You may be correct. I've never used it so I can't say for sure. In most of the tests I see the lens performs very well (better than the older EF24-105), but I also read different reports from users. Not that it is terrible by any means, I've never read that...just that it lacks a fair bit in...