Search results

1. Paul6

Firmware: Canon releases v1.4.0 for the Canon EOS R5

What about us photographers who could not care less what the video performance is
  2. Paul6

Firmware: Canon EOS R5 v1.2.0

Just updated and the auto viewfinder works, a feature I think will be very usefull
  3. Paul6

Interview: Canon addresses overheating concerns, workarounds and the Cripple Hammer

I placed my cold CFast, card into my reader and copied 48gb of RAW files onto my PC via USB3, the card was hot to touch when I removed it. This is just reading from the card so I would expect even more heat when writing.
  4. Paul6

Canon releases an official statement about the EOS R5 and EOS R6 heat concerns

Who cares I am a stills photographer
  5. Paul6

New Firmware coming to the Canon EOS R

Suspect some of it will be adding lens profiles, for all these new lenses that are being released.
  6. Paul6

Two more EOS R bodies are coming in 2021 [CR2]

R5 stils only would be perfect for me, all the video stripped out, and hopefully a reduced price
  7. Paul6

EOS R: Quirks and Quibbles

Being bald I always wear a floppy hat when out in the sun, have found it very useful when looking though the EVF as it cuts out the sunlight. Did do a test without the hat last year and found I could not see much through the EVF wearing my glasses, the hat solved the problem. Did a sunrise...
  8. Paul6

Canon EOS R firmware 1.4.0 now available for download

Yes but this way gives you the option, you may want to see the preview and as soon as you touch the shutter button it diaprars
  9. Paul6

Just part hold down the shutter button between shots and no preview
  10. Paul6

Firmware: Canon EOS R v1.4.0, this is a major firmware update (Update: Firmware removed)

Vast improvement for eye detect from a simple test.
  11. Paul6

New EOS R firmware, dramatic AF improvement I have just upgraded the firmware in my EOS R to 1.4 what a difference it makes Using my trainee hairdressers head I did a few simple tests using the 50mm RF lens Before upgrade eye autofocus works up to about 1m to 2m away from the face. After the...