Search results

1. K

Canon EOS M50 Mark II Specifications [CR2]

The EOS M50 Mark II will not necessarily replace the EOS M5. The EOS M5 has a 1.62m-dot 3.2” touchscreen and a 1040 mAh LP-E17 battery whereas the existing EOS M50 only has a 1.04m-dot 3.0” touchscreen and an 875 mAh LP-E12 battery.
  2. K

Canon EOS M50 Mark II Specifications [CR2]

The EOS M50 Mark II will not necessarily replace the EOS M5. The EOS M5 has a 1.62m-dot 3.2” touchscreen and a 1040 mAh LP-E17 battery whereas the existing EOS M50 only has a 1.04m-dot 3.0” touchscreen and an 875 mAh LP-E12 battery.
  3. K

Rumors confirmed: Canon EOS M50 Mark II and a new Speedlite are coming soon

4. K

The RF mount mirrorless version of the EOS-1D X Mark III is coming in 2021 [CR3]

The problem with the EOS R1 is that the camera body will be so good, that it wouldn't feel right to use old EF "L" lenses even though the EF-RF adapters work just fine. Thus one could end up with a fantastic EOS R1 camera body with a whole new set of RF "L" lenses. When the RF "L" lenses are...
  5. K

Teardown: The Canon EOS R5 gets an autopsy

As an EOS 5D Mark IV replacement, I assumed the the EOS R5 would be approximately the same physical size as the EOS 5D Mark IV. However, for some reason Canon engineers chose to make this new camera body more compact. It seems like a larger body would have allowed space for additional heat...
  6. K

DPReview: Canon EOS R5 and R6 overheating claims tested: cameras work as promised – but that’s not enough

You are 100% correct about the flagship EOS R1. That future camera body might be your solution.
  7. K

Armando Ferreira: Testing out the NEW Canon EOS R5 in a real world production environment.

In the fall of 2021 the EOS R1 may surface. That EOS R1 camera body will have similar quality to the EOS-1D X Mark III, but it possibly will also have EOS R5 type specs.
  8. K

There will not be an EOS 5D Mark V [CR2]

I purchased the EOS-1D X Mark III with a 4-year extended warranty. It is a great camera body, and I am happy with my decision to stick with the 1D series. Now I can continue to use all of my EF lenses natively, and I can take my time before rushing into the new system and purchasing RF lenses...
  9. K

Review: Canon EOS R6 by DPReview

Priced above will be the R5 high MP version and the 1DXIII equivalent...... Maybe these will be named the EOS R5s and EOS R1. My guess is the high MP EOS R5 version may not be that far off, but the flagship "R" equivalent to the EOS-1D X Mark III could be late fall 2021 at the earliest and...
  10. K

Canon EOS M50 Mark II coming in 2020 [CR2]

I would also trade in my EOS M5 for an EOS M50 Mark II. My concern is that I could make the trade and then find out later that an EOS M5 Mark II would also be planned.
  11. K

Preorder: Canon EOS R5, Canon EOS R6 and new lenses

1) Canon shows the GP-E2 as compatible with the EOS R5 under the "Supplies and Accessories" tab. https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/products/details/cameras/eos-dslr-and-mirrorless-cameras/mirrorless/eos-r5 2) I only use Canon DPP4, so I wouldn't know about Lightroom.
  12. K

Canon officially announces the EOS R5 and EOS R6 along with 4 new lenses and two teleconverters

When the EOS R1 comes out in 1-2 years, I wonder if it will basically be an updated EOS R5 with built-in GPS, 2-CFexpress cards, fixed LCD screen, LP-E19 battery, and the rugged ergonomics of the EOS-1D X Mark III?
  13. K

UK pricing leaks for the Canon EOS R5 and Canon EOS R6

The expected shipping date of 2022 for delivery of the EOS R1 is a good guess. However, I would think the EOS 5D Mark IV and the EOS-1D X Mark III are the final native camera bodies for EF lenses.
  14. K

Here is the Canon EOS R6

I'm very happy with my EOS R. I'm not looking for either the EOS R5 or EOS R6..... The EOS R1 might not be available for nearly two more years, but that camera should really be nice!
  15. K

Further clarification of what will be announced by Canon next month

That seems to be a nice choice of lenses. Do you use two camera bodies at all times?
  16. K

Further clarification of what will be announced by Canon next month

The list does not mention an EOS M5 Mark II.
  17. K

Here is the Canon EOS R5 and Canon EOS R6, along with the announcement date

If you are in the market for the EOS R1, the wait might be within the next two years. In addition, you probably would be looking at purchasing new RF glass. Have you considered the EOS-1D X Mark III? It is a fantastic camera that you can purchase today, and you can use your existing EF "L" lenses.
  18. K

The exact announcement date for the Canon EOS R5 is still unknown

I haven't heard anything further about the EOS M5 Mark II.
  19. K

The EOS M lineup will be addressed later in 2020 [CR1]

Is there any further information about the upcoming EOS M5 Mark II?
  20. K

Delkin announces world’s first 2TB CFexpress card

2 TB.... 32 GB.... In the days of CP/M, the discussion was about 64 KB.