Search results

1. Jim Corbett

Canon to release a 100mp EOS R system camera next year [CR2]

Which also means the end of the mech. shutter.
  2. Jim Corbett

Here are some crazy Canon EOS R1 specifications [CR0]

It'll most likely be 36-40 mpx, stacked CMOS, no LPF(hopefully), 30 fps 12bit compressed, 20 fps lossless 14bit - just like the Sony a1. The biggest thing/hope for me is the AF in video getting as good as the Photo AF, so again, hopefully, the QP will answer that prayer:) 85mpx GS in 10 years...
  3. Jim Corbett

Patent: Canon RF mount Big White Lenses

Coming next: the 1DX-bodied R1 with a huge battery, fast stacked sensor, 20fps @ 36mpx @ 14bit, low-light-king-of-the-underworld, and... NO video(!!!), and NO low-pass filter!!! (Disclaimer: this is not a rumor... just me daydreaming...)
  4. Jim Corbett

Review: Canon EOS R5 by DPReview

And it's still better than the a9 which always drops to 12 bit in servo, and always uses lossy compression at 20fps. The rolling shutter is the potential problem here. And also, according to DPR, the "slideshow effect" in the EVF at 12fps m. shutter.
  5. Jim Corbett

Let’s talk about the Canon EOS R1 development [CR2]

Reading rumors like this, a whole damn year ahead of the release, is torture and leads to dehydration... P.S. Where is the drooling emoticon?
  6. Jim Corbett

Well, well, well… could this be Canon’s lens roadmap for 2021? [CR2]

Omg, how am I gonna carry all that glass?! My room is gonna look like the iron throne with all that in the background :P
  7. Jim Corbett

Canon USA officially announces the Canon Cinema EOS C70

Does it have the animal eye AF?
  8. Jim Corbett

The RF mount mirrorless version of the EOS-1D X Mark III is coming in 2021 [CR3]

2021 will be a flagship showdown. Let me initiate a drooling sequence: 30 mp stacked w/o rolling shutter 14 fps mech. shutter in 14 bit / 20 fps el. shutter in 12 bit (13?) LP-E19H 3200 mAh 2x CFexpress B and 2x SD UHS III AF sensitivity -8EV (minimum :)) No IBIS (Please God!) No video and...
  9. Jim Corbett

Rumors of a Canon EOS R5c and EOS R5s [CR1]

"R" for video makes perfect sense, because it's full frame(low light), and mostly because A7SIII exist. From a competitive point of view, Canon needs to demonstrates it's Digic X AF prowess for video. "Yes, but Sony have that low light beast" argument should be countered.
  10. Jim Corbett

Sony officially announces the Alpha a7c, the world’s smallest and lightest full-frame camera.

Me: What? Sony: People are buying those Canons like crazy, we must do something, but we don't know what. So, let's behead the A73 and repackage it with lazy marketing - no one would notice. :rolleyes:
  11. Jim Corbett

Interview: Canon addresses overheating concerns, workarounds and the Cripple Hammer

The idea of a hybrid camera is stupid in the first place. It's like sitting on two chairs. Merging a Ferrari and Rolls Royce may sound great and cheaper in theory, but in real life it's going to fail and cost way more. The R5 is the proof: best photo camera currently on the market, and a...
  12. Jim Corbett

Gordon Laing explains the updates in firmware v1.1.0 for the Canon EOS R5

I have a better firmware update: don't buy it for video! It's still a better - and cheaper - camera for wildlife, landscapes and portraits than the Sony's "flagship" in variety of aspects. Forget the marketing blunder and ignore the whole online stupidity of click bait drama queens.
  13. Jim Corbett

Canon EOS R5 firmware update coming in the next 24 hours

Imagine if the camera overheats during the update... :mad:
  14. Jim Corbett

2019 global camera market share numbers are out, Canon leads the way

Canon is definitely the torch runner of 2020's camera Olympics :devilish:
  15. Jim Corbett

I just wanted to clarify things about the EOS R5 and EOS R6 from yesterday’s report

I think people have overheated the problem way more than the actual cameras do. Canon is going to fix it, period. But, I'm not sure who's going to fix people's awful habit to focus on the negative! Instead of cheering for Canon for making serious attempts to break the conservatism barrier and...
  16. Jim Corbett

What’s next for the Canon EOS R5 and Canon EOS R6?

What's next? R1 - Photo-only pro body with 1dx-like grip, 2xSSD, Animal eye pupil AF @ 16fps 14 bit mechanical, or 20fps @ 13bit e-shutter, nuclear blast proof and 5 million shutter life. Stop giving us breadcrumbs and hot potatoes, get real, Canon!!!:alien:
  17. Jim Corbett

The Canon EOS R5 manual is available for download

I'm not sure about that, considering we don't know how well the AF tracks, and also if there is an EVF lag; which is way more important to me.
  18. Jim Corbett

The Canon EOS R5 manual is available for download

Sony's 24 mpx. A9II drops everything to 12bit in continuous mode, regardless of the speed. I guess the lesser number of R6's pixels helps, or the penalty applies but they just didn't feel mentioning it :P. I'd be OK with 8fps 13bit if the AF tracks as well as the Sony/1DxIII.
  19. Jim Corbett

Industry News: Sony Alpha a7s III images leak ahead of tomorrow’s announcement

The same ugly, squarish design. All the dials cluttered on the right side, and nothing on the left. It induces discomfort just by looking at it. Hopefully, it's functionally ok; Sony people have been waiting for it for ages.
  20. Jim Corbett

There will not be an EOS 5D Mark V [CR2]

Which means Canon are confident the "R" line is as solid and reliable as the 5D one. They wouldn't abandon their main gold photo vein just just like that :)