Search results

1. H

Canon’s 2024 Roadmap, and the timeline surprised us [CR3]

It will be interesting what these bring in terms of performance. R5 II might only be a basic update (eg fix the overheating and a few software updates, same sensor / processor). The R5 is so good it will be hard to do a major improvement. The R1 will be more interesting, it’s not on paper a big...
  2. H

Canon EOS R1 Specifications [CR2]

I own 1DXIII, 5DIV, 5DSR and and R5. I find a big difference between the files. R5 being the best. I am a customer for an R1. I’m not blown away (like I think you should be with a flagship). Maybe if the focusing is incredible I may be tempted. After the long wait it’s nothing amazing. I think...
  3. H

Godox launches the V1Pro TTL Li-ion Round Flash

I've personally found Godox great, all their gear I've bought it very well made, Well thought out, easy to figure them out. Good accessories. I've the AD200's and an AD100 and a trigger, different light boxes.. Super pieces of kit. I see V1 all the time, extremely popular. Yes its probably a...
  4. H

Canon EOS R1 Specifications [CR2]

I'd say you are overthinking it here. It's more likely its to do with technical limitations of processing images at that FPS speed or the Pre-shooting mode. Some of the Pro's they deal with are maybe not bothered by whether the MP is 30/40 or 50 MP but I'd say they'd take all they'd get and...
  5. H

The Canon EOS R1 will come well before the EOS R5 Mark II [CR3]

Would seem strange to me to be less than 45MP and not 8K. Sure 8K is not popular but it might. More FPS becomes meaningless at some point. It would have to be amazing at focusing for action. Sounds like an R3II to be honest. Very hard to make a flagship these days. I have the 1DXIII. It never...
  6. H

What’s going on with Canon Speedlites?

No it's a valid comment, you see the same complaint on some of the Amazon reviews. There are so many positive reviews on both its hard to tell how common an issue it is. You'd almost need to see a break down to see how fragile is it really. There are always monday morning products and you can be...
  7. H

What’s going on with Canon Speedlites?

I've two speedlites (580 EX II) and 4 Yongnues. I don't see any quality difference except the Yongnues are smarter and I can trigger Multiples ones with a trigger. I'm at the point where I wouldn't even consider buying a El-5 or El-1, just would not be worth the price point. Crazy to have...
  8. H

Report: Canon to launch 4 fast L prime lenses in the first half of 2024

28mm is my least favourite focal length for a prime. I always found it neither here nor there. I prefer 24mm of 35mm for a prime. A 20 1.4 would be a good landscape lens. 14mm 1.4 will be interesting . I have the Sigma EF 14mm 1.8. An improvement on that would be tempting. I think Canons overall...
  9. H

Canon not going global shutter with next round of EOS R camera bodies

My take: 1DX III was a disappointment, MP was too low. Minimal updates / improvements. R3 a better update (I do think it started as an R1 project but once they got a sniff of what Sony was bringing out they renamed early). R5 was surprisingly good. Handles the 45 MP really well. I would like the...
  10. H

The RF 24-105mm f/2.8L IS USM Z won’t be the last RF PowerZoom lens

What’s the advantage of it. Twisting lens has been the least of my worries. Is it for remote shooting / focusing or what? I can live without but maybe it’s essential for some one else.
  11. H

Sony announces a9 III with global shutter

Yes 100-300 2.8 is a very useful range and still very useful with extenders. I love my EF 300 2.8 II but a zoom for things like sport is great. Still the Sony Camera and new lens is good all round. Keeps Canon on its toes. Not sure how things can get even better but Sony and Canon are trying.
  12. H

Sony announces a9 III with global shutter

I predict the R1 R2 will be at least 25MP without Global shutter. They will hold that for the R1 in 2027. Who needs Global shutter anyway.
  13. H

Canon RF 200-800mm IS USM Previews / Reviews

Thank you for the explanation
  14. H

Canon RF 200-800mm IS USM Previews / Reviews

This is an interesting statement and I’ve no doubt it’s correct. It seems counterintuitive, but I know pixels on the target counts. Does a 1.4 extension on a 100-500mm do something similar? In theory would a 200-800mm be better than a 100-500mm with an extender or would it be likely to be close?
  15. H

Canon Patent Application: High Precision AF for Tilt / Shift Lenses

I think I will be really interested in a 14mm RF TS-E. Autofocus never really bothered me with tilt shift . It made me a better photographer. Each image is deliberate and precise and carefully thought out. It’s always on a tripod with a countdown timer. Autofocus is great but can make a...
  16. H

Canon announces the Canon RF 10-20mm f/4L IS STM

Yes that would be an attractive lens to me. I’m still on mainly RF lens. Adapter is fine but sat some point I need to fully embrace RF lens
  17. H

Canon Patent Application: Haptic Feedback for R1/R3 camera bodies

I don’t think I will be turning that on. A Flicker in the viewfinder should be enough. I hood with all vibration being removed and completely silent.
  18. H

Canon announces the Canon RF 10-20mm f/4L IS STM

I own the 11-24mm. It’s a good lens but it is big and heavy. I’m amazed they made it smaller and lighter and cheaper. My EF lens has probably gone down in value overnight. I have the RF adapter with drop in filters. It’s great for this lens and gives it an advantage over an RF version. I don’t...
  19. H

Rumored RF lens roadmap update

Still waiting for the Canon RF-S 11-22mm f/4-5.6 IS STM. I’d have thought this would have been announced in Sep 23. There is no suitable light RF-S wide angle lens around yet.
  20. H

Canon releases firmware v1.9.0 for the EOS R5

I’ve never noticed this or it was never an obstacle to taking a good image. I’m always on M. To me it’s acts as M as any other Canon camera I’ve had. I have done any particular changes to the camera restricting anything. I’d have very little complaints about the R5 and specifically no complaints...