Search results

1. H

R5 Question about Eye Focus and Exposure

Hi - This maybe a RTFM question but I can't spot it. When I'm using the R5 I'm using single point spot metering mode for exposure. So when I'm eye tracking exposure is taken from the centre of the image. What I'd like to be able to do if for it to take the exposure from the point its tracking...
  2. H

Lens Hoods at the World Cup

I'm really curious as to why so many photographers are using lens at the World Cup without Lens Hoods. I know there is probably going to be no rain but I thought they would be using because of the sun or floodlights. I also expected they would use them to protect the gear. Maybe it happens alot...
  3. H

Warrior Queen

4. H

Palazzo Tetta Venice

Palazzo Tetta Venice
  5. H

Canon Printer Pro 10 B200 Error but can't access the printhead / inks

Just on the hope someone might be able to help me. My Canon Pro 10 printer had an issue. It's the dreaded B200 error. I followed the suggestions given here in a previous thread. It was powering off, holding the on key for 30 secs. Then holding the power key and the other key for 30 secs. Hey...
  6. H

Sports shooting in bright light

Hi all just a general question looking for advice from others on shooting sport in bright light. I'm from a country where sunshine is not a common occurance. We have alot of cloud and rain and that makes sports photography relatively easy. But from time to time a match I may be shooting is hit...
  7. H

Canon Pro 10s 10 Orange Flashes 10 White Flashes

Hi Just on the off chance someone has good advice. My Canon Pro 10 is 5 years old. It's been use a good bit but not excessively. Its flashing 10 orange and 10 white flashes Canon's errors is not very descriptive it says B200 Ten (10) Turn off the printer, and unplug the power cord of the...
  8. H

Canon 24-105 F4L Err-01 Question

Just curious of any opinions on this. About a year ago my Canon 24-105mm starting actiing up. Then it seemed to be consistently coming up with the Err-01 and saying clean the contacts. Of course I did clean the contacts but it made not difference. Looking it up it seems to be a relatively...
  9. H

Luminar AI

Hi all Has anyone else downloaded Luminar AI yet? I've not spent that long messing with it but am I missing something? It seems to be Luminar 4 with some additional presents which are completely hit and miss and all end up with an artificial looking image. Anyone impressed with it? I can't find...
  10. H

Glasgow

Riverside Museum Canon 5DIV and 16-35 F4 L
  11. H

Issue with IDX III and 11-24mm and Sigma 14mm

It's perhaps an usual combination of equipment but I was wondering if anyone has a 1 DX III and a Canon 11-24mm and/or a Sigma 14mm 1.8. I've never had this before with a Canon camera. The 11-24mm doesn't click into place when I put it on unless I really force it. The Sigma too is needs a little...
  12. H

R5 Tracking of Body face and eyes of cats dogs and birds

Do you think that there will be a firmware update of the EOS-1D X Mark III to allow detection of animals? Does it have to be mirrorless to do that? "Таkеn frоm іtѕ соuѕіn, thе ЕОЅ-1D Х Маrk ІІІ, thе ѕubјесt dеtесtіоn іn thе R5 іѕ аblе tо асquіrе fосuѕ trасkіng оn fасеѕ, hеаdѕ аnd еуеѕ wіth...
  13. H

Laptop for Photoshop and Lightroom 2020

Hi all I did find older posts on this topic but time moves on and requirements and available equipment changes. Personally I think computer manufacturers and chip companies and video companies between them all really screwed up and made it very complicated to tell what is better and what is...
  14. H

Lens Advice New York City

I haven't been to New York City since 2004. I wasn't so big into photography back then. I was wondering if someone had advice what lens to bring to New York. My memory is that the buildings are dramatically tall. I will be doing alot of the classic shots like Manhattan Bridge from DUMBO...
  15. H

Canon 7D II Error 20

Err 20 Description: A malfunction with the mechanical mechanism has been detected. Resolution: Turn the power off, then remove and re-install the battery. Then turn the power on again. Hi Last saturday doing sports photography my 7DII started intermittingly showing Err 20. I did power off and...
  16. H

Computer Advice

Hi I have a Dell Alienware Laptop It has an SSD 128 GB and a 2TD HDD So they are 2 drives C and D My problem is the 128 GB SSD has proved way too small Windows and Adobe seem to fill it up completely. There is a spare slot for another M2 SSD What happens if I add another M2 SSD. Does it add to...
  17. H

Black and White Processing Book

Hi All, Would there be any book you'd recommend on processing black and white photographs in Lightroom / Photoshop. I already use them and Silver Efex Pro but maybe not yet satisified I've fully developed a real great BW look. It also could be an online course you did. Thanks in advance for any...
  18. H

So whats a 1DR going to be like

So we now have the 5DR. It seems a capable camera but its Canon's first real attempt at Full Frame Mirrorless. Within the next few years it has to produce a 1DR top of the range professional mirrorless. Besides being built like a brick its got to be top of its class as it will reign for a number...
  19. H

600 F4 II or 300 F2.8 II and extenders for a Safari kenya

H All, I asked one or two of the members about advice as to what lens to bring on a safari. I was recommended to bring the 600 F4 II to Kenya. It's a great lens and usually I have it on a tripod and wimberly head. I'm not as strong as I used to be and I find it very heavy. I've been having...
  20. H

Printing Consistency

Hi All, I have a Canon Pro-10. Even though I print quite a bit I'm not very expert on printing. I'm not great at calibrating my screen (I know I should - I just find it annoying doing it regularly). The output to screen on a different PC / Phone etc is quite consistent and as expected. Its in...