Search results

1. J

Canon Patent Application: Hybrid Speedlite Cooling

This would be impressive to see for a 5 hour wedding reception using a Canon R3 and 28-70 f2. I'd love to see that bicep and forearm! You'd look like Popeye!
  2. J

This was posted on Canons repair forum. Not mine, but just reposting. " I am posting this information in hopes it is easier to find. It was originally a reply to an earlier post but may not be easily discovered. I believe I have proven the theory that the Canon ST-E3-RT (ver. 2) / 600EX II RT...
  3. J

This is truth. I just got some Godox flashes in to test and they are absolute garbage. Not only are the colors inconsistent, but the flash output itself is remarkably inconsistent, particularly in burst. The EL1 is incredibly consistent, especially on burst mode, which I periodically shoot with...
  4. J

It'd be fantastic if they made a speedlite that actually functioned properly wirelessly. I have 5 EL1's right now that won't stay paired for more then 30 seconds, along with several friends who's are doing the same thing. Towards the end of last season our speedlites all began to degrade in...
  5. J

Godox launches the V1Pro TTL Li-ion Round Flash

I think I'm going to as well now that we have a little down time in the following weeks ahead to do some testing. I haven't looked in-depth yet - what were they saying for release dates?
  6. J

Canon EOS R1 Specifications [CR2]

From my understanding after all these years the 1 series cameras have always been marketed as rugged cameras designed for the harshest of environments & most reliable cameras Canon has to offer.
  7. J

Yeah it really is. Throughout our years of using Canon equipment I haven't really had any real gripes with any of our gear except for the weight of it, especially when compared to Sony's offerings, however, I am very let down at the performance of the EL1's, and after seeing recent news about...
  8. J

Yeah, you are correct, my friend. In some wedding venues they aren't even usable here in New York when trying to use a couple at a time. Also, I do find them to be quite inconsistent in terms of flash output when using them with our R3's. We just finished up our last wedding for a little bit...
  9. J

Canon EOS R1 Specifications [CR2]

It's going to be a very interesting year ahead between Canon & Sony. I'm excited to see how it all shapes up. Personally, if these rumors are true about 30mp, I'm selfishly happy. It's a bump up from the R3, but no too high. I feel like 30MP is the sweet spot for media, journalists, and event...
  10. J

I have 5 EL1's and they are without a doubt the worst flashes I've ever owned.
  11. J

Opinion: Canon’s mounting woes

It's fascinating to hear about your experience with the EL1's as well. At some point, I did go and read some comments on B&H (if I recall correctly), and I distinctly remember encountering a few negative remarks about the EL1's intermittency and quirks. I'm curious to know when you sent your...
  12. J

It's true - one of those instances where I wasted a perfectly good hour on absolutely nothing of value. A good reminder why I almost never participate in forum activity. And again, you didn't get it. Had the guy worded his initial post differently, and didn't dig, It would have led to a much...
  13. J

again, you simply do not get it. I do not care about his opinions because he is not operating at the level of gear that I am. Does it make me superior? No. I do not care... How hard is that to understand?
  14. J

Hey, if you have a different perspective, that's perfectly fine. Your opinion is valid, and you have every right to express it. I initially commented on the original post to share my thoughts and frustrations. Then, someone unrelated to the discussion chimed in with their thoughts, suggesting...
  15. J

Hello Brikna, I'm in my mid-30s, and I must admit that I have had a lingering back injury that has been a constant companion throughout my adult life. However, even if I were to set aside that injury, it's a challenge for anyone to hold an R3, 28-70 F2, and an EL1 to their face for three...
  16. J

I'll be honest here, I too am quite frustrated with Canon, but not for the same reason. I am frustrated because of how large and heavy their equipment has gotten. As a working professional wedding photographer who shoots between 30 - 50 weddings per year on average, on top of a similar amount of...
  17. J

Canon RF 200-500mm f/4L IS USM update [CR2]

$16,000... Holy mother of Jesus!
  18. J

Canon postpones the release of the Canon Speedlite EL-5

Disagree. The El1's have fundamentally changed how I shoot weddings. The recycle times are remarkable compared to the 600 EX's.
  19. J

Canon will release a trio of RF mount wide angle L prime lenses in the first half of 2023

Never been more excited to see this announcement about the 35! Let's goooooo baby!
  20. J

Canon to finally announce a fast RF 35mm lens by Q3 of 2022

If it's 3 pounds and as fat as the 28-70 f2, I'll surely pass and go and rebuy the EF35 1.4 II I sold to wait for this one. I cannot stand shooting weddings with the 28-70. It's brutal.