Search results

1. dwarven

Don’t expect any third-party autofocus lenses in the near future

They're good, but overpriced.
  2. dwarven

Canon deserves to go out of business if their only strategy is to sell their brand name and take options away from customers. I know I'll be getting rid of all my Canon gear soon in favor of Sony.
  3. dwarven

Brand loyalty is super cringey. Canon's only job is to fleece as much money out of you as humanly possible.
  4. dwarven

That’s all folks, for me anyway. Canon Rumors will live on.

Wow, I'm sorry. :( I knew there were fanboys in the camera community, but I didn't know it was that bad. Thanks for all the great rumors. I visited almost every day for the past year and a half or so.
  5. dwarven

Patent: Canon RF 135mm f/1.4L DS USM optical formula

This will be the new Eye of Sauron, if not quite as exotic. I wonder how much it will weigh.
  6. dwarven

Canon exec confirms that the EOS-1D X Mark III is Canon’s last DSLR

You're missing the writing on the wall.
  7. dwarven

Canon will release an APS-C RF mount camera(s) later in 2022 [CR3]

The obvious problem with that is the R5 is out of reach for many people.
  8. dwarven

Industry News: Sony officially announces the A7 IV and new flashes

And all those Sigma/Tamron lenses. At this point I think all Canon has going for it is brand and ergonomics :/
  9. dwarven

A BSI APS-C EOS R camera is coming in the second half of 2022 [CR2]

What are COVID delays and parts shortages for 600 Alex?
  10. dwarven

The Canon EOS R3 will be $5999 USD

Someone pointed out way back when this camera was first posted here that it probably was the R1 originally, but they saw the Sony a1 out-spec'd it so they changed the name.
  11. dwarven

A new EOS R system camera is coming in January [CR2]

A mirrorless Rebel.
  12. dwarven

He ain’t lying – THE BEST PRIME LENS. Period. by Peter McKinnon

*Until the 35mm f/1.2 comes out
  13. dwarven

Canon aiming for a $799 full-frame camera? [CR2]

It matters far less than you seem to think. The more you progress in photography the more you'll come to realize this.
  14. dwarven

I'm always so disappointed reading posts like this. Photography isn't a technical endeavor. It's an artform. But, so many people treat it as the former. Some of my favorite images ever taken are by Jeff Bridges, who uses a Widelux from the 1950s. I'm pretty sure he can afford any gear he wants...
  15. dwarven

The problem with an $800 full frame camera is that you lose a lot features for a bigger sensor in an era where image quality is pretty great across the board. For example, I'd use a Nikon D7500 or my EM5 III over an EOS RP for wildlife every single time. I can take my EM5 out in the pouring rain...
  16. dwarven

SIGMA to announce a 150-600mm F5-6.3 DG DN OS | Sports soon

I have done that, but it adds length to the kit. And some of Sigma's/Tamron newer E mount lenses are becoming too juicy to pass up.
  17. dwarven

SIGMA to announce a 150-600mm F5-6.3 DG DN OS | Sports soon

Yeah, the costs of these RF lenses is aggravating. I can afford Sigma glass, but not Canon. As much as I love my R6, I'm considering jumping ship to Sony. I don't like their camera bodies, but I care about lenses more and Sigma has the affordable ones.
  18. dwarven

Canon officially announces the RF 14-35mm f/4L IS USM

I'm having trouble figuring out why RF glass is so overpriced. Is it the Canon branding?
  19. dwarven

There may be as many as three RF mount APS-C cameras on the horizon [CR1]

Coming this Summer *guitar solo starts* Canon and Mountain Dew are teaming up for a completely out of this world camera. The Flaming Hot Doritos Code Red EOS R420. With 5 radical colors, a shutter that sounds like a laser blaster, and an EVF that gives you a view like the Terminator, you'll...
  20. dwarven

After the EOS R3, Canon will introduce new “affordable” RF mount cameras [CR1]

Well there you go. Clearly Canon wants to consolidate their mirrorless lens lineup into one system, the same way Sony and Nikon and literally every other major manufacturer has done. EOS M ended up being a stopgap and that's really all there is to it.