Search results

1. dwarven

Purchasing gear from Greentoe

I ran across this US site called Greentoe where you make an offer on an item and "a network" of retailers decide if they want to accept it or not. I recently made a bid on an OMD EM5 Mark III kit for $1250 and it was accepted. I also made a bid on an EF 100mm macro lens for $999 for fun, which...
  2. dwarven

Trouble connecting EOS R6 to an M1 Macbook

Hey everyone. I just got an M1 Macbook Air, and it runs photoshop and lightroom perfectly. The one glaring flaw is that it doesn't recognize my R6 at all when it's connected. I tried two different USB C cables with the same result. It looks like the camera knows it's connected to something...
  3. dwarven

The "perfect" wedding photography lens

Long story short: I may be shooting my first wedding next year for a friend I've known for 16 years. I most likely won't be charging him. My question is, if you could take only one or two lenses to a wedding, which ones would they be? I really like the idea of only needing one or two fast...
  4. dwarven

Can a lens make a camera's shutter behave differently?

I just got a Sigma 35mm f/1.4 Art for my R6. I noticed when shooting with it my camera's shutter sounds different, slower almost. But as far as I can tell it's working fine. It focuses properly and the exposures are all correct and everything. It freezes motion at fast shutter speeds as it...
  5. dwarven

R6 Just came (possible battery charger issue)

I got my R6 delivered 10 minutes before I had to leave for work:cry: I only had time to get the battery charging. But after plugging it in, I noticed a sort of whine sound coming from the charger, like coil whine on high power electronics. I'm used to that with PC components, but never with a...
  6. dwarven

How did you get started as a full-time photographer? (with a little personal background)

I know there must be many full time pros here, and I was just wondering how you got started. I shot film for several years as a side hobby during high school and college with my trusty old AE-1 Program until I accidentally left it out in the rain one day. I had made up my mind to fix it, or...