Search results

1. R

Canon Introduces Three New Lenses, Enhancing Still Photography and Video Production for Any Skill Level

100% - a 500 5.6, a 600 f6.3 with high quality optics in the mid single digit £k would fit the bill nicely for weight and value but I don’t want to switch from canon unless I get forced too. Btw I already have a 600 f4 but the bulk and weight for me are getting a bit much but I don’t want to...
  2. R

The Canon EOS R5 manual is available for download

I winder when the UK gets their allotment
  3. R

Here are the Canon BG-R10 Battery Grip, Canon WFT-R10 Wifi Grip & LP-E6NH Battery

Will it drive the big lenses like a1DX III - I hope so.... I doubt it ...
  4. R

Canon EOS R5 launch price will be below $4000 USD [CR3]

I recon £3850 ro £3899 in the UK - maybe a kit with some cards and an RF lens converter for a bit over £4K. I just bought a new 600 MKIII and this is the body that will spend much time on (wildlife)....
  5. R

Two new EOS R bodies coming in the first half of 2020 [CR3]

I’ve a suspicion that the bottom line (EBITDA) was the real motivation behind the mk III big lenses - moving the majority of the glass back reduces lens size and radically reduces lens production costs... weight savings are what we might call “positive side effects”
  6. R

Canon officially announces the Canon EOS-1D X Mark III

As always it’s not the buzzword tech that’s the important thing but the quality of implementation- how large and well labeled the data set, what model used and so forth. As noted the output need not be Y:N but instead, for example, a series of probabilities, e.g. (Is a focus target) (Is human)...
  7. R

Preorder: Canon EOS-1D X Mark III with bonuses and a giveaway

^^^ THIS ^^^ When I consider the total group of shooters who spend money on big glass (as in pricey), in the uk at least, it’s dominated by birders, wildlife and then landscape shooters. I’d be surprised if there are more than a hundred sports pros, perhaps the same again fashion show shooters...
  8. R

Canon EOS-1D X Mark III Summary

I’d hoped for 28-30 and expected 24...silly me. This would give a circa 15-20% more pixels on the bird which is half a 1.4 Converter with much less IQ/AF impact on big glass and could allow the use of a 400 2.8 (close to 500s reach on 1Dx) but with a full extra stop if light to play with...
  9. R

I do, as a serious amateur who invests much of my disposable income on wildlife photography I’d have hoped we, as a segment, would be better served. late 20s to 30 MP is in my experience the sweet spot. Even a lowly 15% improvement in pixels on target makes my 500 more like a 600 and with a 1.4...
  10. R

In the immortal words of Blackadder: “...bugger...”
  11. R

5.9K RAW video recording still a possibility for the EOS-1D X Mark III

If Canon indeed ship a 20MP DXIII and a 75MP 5DSR replacement (as the rumours seem to indicate) then I'm going to seriously consider jumping ship to Sony. Current A9II is 24 MP, they have a fabulous 400 2.8 and I've heard good things about the 600. I'm tired of Canon not listening to it's...
  12. R

Canon EOS-1D X Mark III appears on latest product list

My main rig is 1DX MKII and 500F4 (II) for BIF/Low light or a 5DIV with that or one of my other lenses for better light, perched, less "actiony" shots. The resolution of the 5DIV a bit faster (10FPS would do) and better AF, & solid build quality is my specificaiton for a grail Bird/Wild Life...
  13. R

the new 400 2.8 and 600 4 are pretty darn "swingable" and I find the 500 f4 usable too, albeit none of them for more than a couple of minutes before I want it back on the strap or supported by the monopod. ~28-30MP should retain good iso, frame rate and buffer. I also like a higher MP camera...
  14. R

Wildlife shooters Cannon... please remember us! We are (I suspect) the majority of enthused amatures that buy the big glass (400 2.8, 500 & 600 f4) and we need a tough high end body with good frame rate and something I’m the 24-30 MP range. A jump to mid to high 20’s over 20.1 makes a nice bit...
  15. R

Announcement details on the 1DX Mark III

I’d be willing to patreon a reasonable stipend to get the BS free version of the website. say 50 bucks a year? Craig - I presume that’s more per person PA than ad $$$? I know only a small percentage would use it but I’m surely not the only one.
  16. R

What surprises does Canon still have in store for the EOS-1D X Mark III?

Wildlife photography often requires the sturdiness and sealing of a 1DX with fast frame rates and solid AF but frank 20MP is often barely enough even with big glass 24 is a nice bump but 28 would be better...