Search results

1. B

Surface Pro 4

I use CC (LR/PS) for my editing and wanted to know about compatibility with the Surface Pro 4. Anyone have experience? Wondering about going that direction or just getting a kick-ass laptop for editing away from my desktop. Any experience you can share would be appreciated!
  2. B

Mobile Photo Editing - What Do You All Use?

Since I spend so much time on the bus heading to my "day job," I'm interested in mobile editing options. I've used a laptop for years which has been good, but the battery life just sucks, overall. At home, I've got an amazing desktop setup for my primary editing station, and it's been perfect...
  3. B

Lightroom 6 Release Date? Any Updates?

Has anyone heard anything? I'm looking forward to the stitching perameters... =) Any news would be appreciated. All I can find is "March 2015" and we're almost into April.
  4. B

Big Price Drops and Rebates Coming..?

Some of these prices are freakin' Awesome! Too Good to be true? http://www.canonpricewatch.com/blog/2015/02/canon-usa-responds-with-5d36d-price-drops-and-new-rebates/
  5. B

Canon 85 1.2L USM II for only $10!?

I've seen a bunch of these weird postings show up all over Amazon lately. In fact, tonight I saw this lens in "Very Good" condition listed for $800, so I bought it immediately. Soon afterwards, I got a notice via Amazon that my order had been cancelled due to "Technical Difficulties." Now...
  6. B

DANGIT! I rented the 85 1.2ii

...and now I literally DREAM about owning it! I'm hoping that Sigma comes out with their new 85 ART, but I'm realizing it's probably not happening soon. I was happy with my current lens kit of: 35 1.4 Art 50 1.4 Art 70-200 2.8 USM IS II 135 2 24-70 2.8 II and now, I'm literally losing my...
  7. B

Where's the Sigma 85 Art?!

I've been holding out for this lens. It's taking too long! =) So, I'm planning on just buying the Canon 1.2 II, which is truly amazing. Anyone know anything which might talk me off of the ledge?
  8. B

Deal on Sigma 50 1.4 Art gone already?

It seems that I just wasn't quick enough to jump on that Adorama deal yesterday for the amazing Siggy 50. Can anyone tell me if it's gone for good? If not, does anyone have any leads/tips/rumors about upcoming deals on this lens? Thanks in advance!
  9. B

Uneven Battery Usage in 580EXII

Wondering how many of you have seen this: Using rechargables in my 580EXII. Also use a few Yongnuo's (YN560III). The Canon, however, drains 1 of the 4 batteries MUCH faster, however, and I've started to see poor performance from that battery over time. The Yongnuo's don't ever do this. I...
  10. B

Need Best Monitor for Photo Edits

I'm building a new desktop just to handle my photo editing. I'm putting all the good stuff into it (SSD's, i7, etc. etc.). However, there are so many good monitors out there. What's best? What do you all use and love? Whatever I use will be calibrated - I just want suggestions for specific...
  11. B

Where are the Siggies?

I'm excited for Sigma's Art line (they're amazing - at least my copies have been), but I've not seen any news for a long time on the long-rumored 135 or, ideally, 85. Has anyone heard anything? Nothing has been posted here on CR for awhile.
  12. B

Laptop Editing - Best Setup

Hi everyone! With my crazy schedule, I typically purchase a very high-end laptop and edit using it (since I've gotta be mobile). My current model is a powerful ASUS which is in their Republic of Gamers lineup. I've forgotten the actual #, but it's only 1 year old as of now. I have had no...
  13. B

Brenizer Method Photos/Tips

Hi everyone, I've only recently begun shooting with this method, and I'm totally LOVING the results I'm getting! I'm wondering, however: I shoot using my 135L on a 5DM3. Does anyone here use the 85mm? I've noticed that with the 135, I'm shooting probably more photos than I need to, but...
  14. B

Any New Bodies in Sochi?

I've been watching the Olympics and in years past, I've occasionally noticed photographers carrying interesting (and new) gear which ends up on store shelves shortly thereafter. I was wondering if anyone had noticed a possible 7DM2 or other bodies they didn't recognize during any of the...
  15. B

Which Lens for Ring Photos?

I'm a Wedding Photographer who's used other lenses to photograph rings and then cropped them with good results. However, I think it's time to grab the 100mm f2.8 for this job. What would you all suggest? The 2.8L or is the non-L good enough? Does the L version justify the doubled price...
  16. B

"Two New FF Bodies in 2014" - if 5DM4, would you jump in?

I know that if they actually rolled out the 5DM4, I'd be very interested in it. However, if you own a 5DM3 and have realized how amazing this camera truly is, what would it take to make you grab one immediately? I'm so happy with my 5DM3 that I truly can't wrap my brain around what they'd have...
  17. B

Looking for a EF 135mm f2L USM...

I've been scouring the internet today looking for a decent deal on this great lens. Do any of you have any leads which you'd be willing to share? Nothing at Canon (refurbished). I'd like to get a lightly used one. Have about $830 to spend. I need one for this weekend (two weddings). I've...
  18. B

PocketWizard, Yongnuo, or Phottix?

My cheap-o transmitter (which I paid about 20 bucks for) failed at a really important portion of a bridal shoot last night. Time To Upgrade! What do you guys use/suggest/endorse? Why? Thanks in advance! I value everyone's opinions here at CR forums pretty highly (...maybe a mistake..?) :D
  19. B

70D AutoFocus. Any experience?

I found this video showing the live AF on the 70D. It looks remarkably good, considering the nature of the video and need for good, accurate, quick focus! I was wondering how many others have had positive experiences with this camera. ...I don't own one (I have a 5DM3), but I watch it with...
  20. B

iPhone Photography Course Instructor..?

Does anyone else find this incredibly weird? An ad on CL for someone to develop and teach an iPhone Photography Class! http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/crg/4064616542.html Holy Moly