Search results

1. RLPhoto

After the A7RII, What does the 5D4/X need to have?

1. Probably not. The a7r is pretty small to fit it in. 2. Surely. The A7RII chugs battery life. 3. Canon would have to make improvements and the prices will rise.
  2. RLPhoto

Exactly. That is the threads main point, can canon step up now seeing what is possible in a small camera like the a7rii.
  3. RLPhoto

But it'd make my job easier. :D
  4. RLPhoto

Announcement: Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L II

Holy MTF Chart Batman! It indeed takes the old 35mm into the backwoods for a beating.
  5. RLPhoto

So, I'm probably going to purchase a A7RII but I'm still looking forward to the 5D4. If canon still puts a decent product, I could be swayed to hold off my purchase of the A7RII for native mount lenses/flashes. This is what I'd like to see. 1. 32mp or higher MP with improved IQ. 2. AF &...
  6. RLPhoto

Review: Sony A7R II by LensRentals.com

This is why I wait for Gen2 products. The A7RII is a beast.
  7. RLPhoto

Canon Profits Drop 16% in Second Quarter

You can add, more or less, 3000$ worth of losses was directly caused me deciding to buy a A7Rii.
  8. RLPhoto

Nikon To Announce 24-70 f/2.8 VR, 24 f/1.8, 200-500 f/5.6 VR

Unless this is utterly perfect in every aspect, the Tamron 24-70 VC is just such a beast lens.
  9. RLPhoto

6 stop push: 5DsR vs A7R vs A7RII

I have to admit, canons sensor has come along way but still can't touch the Exmooooooooor. Oh well, my 5D3 looks like will keep chugging along.
  10. RLPhoto

Adobe Ending Camera RAW Support for Photoshop CS6

It was going to happen sooner or later. I've never used PS for Raw conversion and used it mostly for exported PSDs from LR. So long as LR is perpetual, I'll be buying them. The day that is gone, .dng converter and lastly when that's gone, on to another system.
  11. RLPhoto

Will not buy Canon gear at launch.

I haven't either. I'll wait for the 5DSR or the A7RII to drop prices and work out any kinks before buying.
  12. RLPhoto

Your crop vs your full frame camera.

After I went FF, It's hard to use aps for portraits. FF I'd just where these big primes are meant to live infront of.
  13. RLPhoto

What lenses do you actually use most?

1. 135L 2. 50mm f/1.2L 3. 17-40L That will change in time as I no longer own the 50L nor the 17-40L.
  14. RLPhoto

A New L Zoom is Coming [CR2]

16-35L III? or will it have IS?
  15. RLPhoto

Canon Announces the Speedlite 430EX III-RT Flash

When we yell enough at the problem on this forum.
  16. RLPhoto

MATH - Equating Mirrorless AF Points to DSLR AF Points

The only on sensor phase detect AF I've been impressed with was the 70D. It really is sweet but even then it's slow.
  17. RLPhoto

Canon's Full Frame Future [CR2]

In practical reality, I don't see canon users selling their equipment to jump entirely to sony. I can see myself adding a A7Rii to my 5D3 but I still need a native mount camera.
  18. RLPhoto

Review: Canon XC10 With Footage

This camera should embarrass canon. Its 2,499$, does nothing more than the 649$ PZ1000 cam, costs as much as the A7s and almost the price of the A7rII, and has a fixed lens. I'd like to see this at 499$ where it belongs.
  19. RLPhoto

Canon 5D mkIV pixel count

32mp would be a nice upgrade.
  20. RLPhoto

Canon's Full Frame Future [CR2]

And on top that the 5D3 is really a solid camera. You can build a business on it and they're only getting cheaper. Canon would have to make an a7rii in dslr form for me to even consider it. I don't expect canon users to flee canon but I don't doubt many users will add a a7 series camera to their...