Search results

1. 7enderbender

Help with estimate on swapping things out

Thanks everyone for the feedback. Just been following up now. I haven’t sold anything yet and have been planning to go shoot some photos this weekend after a very long hiatus and see how I feel about it all. Been tossing around the vague idea of selling the whole thing and get a Leica from the...
  2. 7enderbender

Help with estimate on swapping things out

Hi there, Haven’t been on here for a long time. Botched eye surgery and diminished interest put a damper on things. I still have my 5D Mk2 in good working order, a 50L, 135L, 200L, and a 24-105 4L (first series). I’m not looking to switch over to the new R series or anything mirrorless. I feel...
  3. 7enderbender

What’s next from Canon?

Somebody forwarded me some chatter today that Canon is considering replacing the regular EOS bodies with the R mount system. This would now be the second time that Canon screws me over with a new mount. If true I'd like to sell my gear and save up for a Leica. What would my stuff approximately...
  4. 7enderbender

Catching up

She bought the T7i and I think it'll be a fantastic first camera for her. Wasn't aware of the microadjustment issue. I think it won't matter for a while. Plus she is always free to dive into my collection and use my 5D Mark II if she advances or has specific goals shooting with fast lenses...
  5. 7enderbender

Anyone will buy a DSLR now?

Yes I will, as long as possible. I don't get the advantage of these uncomfortable litte cameras with their electronic viewfinders. It's like new cars with automatic transmission: wouldn't take it for free. My EOS 5DII already felt like an expensive compromise since it had features I really...
  6. 7enderbender

Catching up

I've been out of commission for a while with regards to photography. Didn't feel like picking anything up after eye surgery and some limitations in my left eye as a result of it. Trying to get back into it and maybe learn using the other eye. And my daughter just got herself her first real...
  7. 7enderbender

Mac OS Sierra - any EOS utility workaround?

It seems I actually just found something that might work: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/help/importing-photos-lightroom-basic-workflow.html
  8. 7enderbender

Yes, I agree this is pathetic on, both Canon's and Apple's part. It is what it is. Meanwhile, there really is no other, somewhat automated way to import photos from the camera and assign them to the folders, change file name per my standard convention, etc?
  9. 7enderbender

So, after my Mavericks installation crashed I ended up with "updating" to Sierra. I didn't want to but long story short that's where we are now. Spent a few days to get my audio hardware for recording functioning again. Went to a photo shoot last weekend and wanted to process the pics today...
  10. 7enderbender

What Do You Want to See in the EOS M System?

Pretty simple: a full frame camera with an optical rangefinder and available fast lenses, especially a 50mm and a 28. Ideally easily compatible with old FD lenses. Basically, a Leica type system that doesn't cost 10 grand or more. Hey, let me go crazy and dream up a designated b/w sensor for...
  11. 7enderbender

New ef 50mm 1.2 annoucement coming?

Interesting. I just saw this rumor this morning. Obviously, this is nothing new. I personally think it would be a pity if this great lens was to be removed from the line-up. Frankly, the 50 1.2 was one of the key reasons I stayed with Canon when switching from the FD system to digital. Nikon...
  12. 7enderbender

EOS 6D Mark II To Shrink & Move Upmarket [CR2]

And how does "smaller and lighter" correlate with "upmarket"?
  13. 7enderbender

Canon Confirms Development of High Megapixel Camera

That's all fine. Unless that's all they can come up with. I personally still don't get the high resolution thing other than for the ability to crop or to display things billboard size. Other than that printing technology is so far behind that I don't see very little value in anything over, say...
  14. 7enderbender

I'm getting impatient for the new 5D 4.

I remember the same kind of discussions going on before the announcement of the Mark III in various places. Really "old tech"? I frankly don't expect anything coming in a Mark IV that will be that earth-shattering. Unless there is some specific feature that it is an absolute game changer I don't...
  15. 7enderbender

Is Canon 5d mk 1 still a good camera?

Not sure this is good advice. It depends on shooting style and priorities. I personally wouldn't look at the 6d as an upgrade at all. Slower sync time and maximum speed would be way more important to me than any more or less useful high ISO figures. Add to that the form factor and you lose my...
  16. 7enderbender

Retrospective 7 with MacBook pro retina 13"?

Ahab, Thanks for all the information and suggestions and for offering to try it at the store for me. That's actually what I'm going to do in a few days - once my new laptop arrives that is. The intention for this one is exactly that: air travel and a road trip. So I'm looking for something...
  17. 7enderbender

I have but it doesn't look as if the 10 has a laptop compartment at all.
  18. 7enderbender

Hi there, I'm looking for a new bag for light travel to hold my gripped 5D, 50L, 135L, 24-105, flash and a MacBook Pro Retina 13". It might be tight but I always wanted one of the Thintank Retrospective bags and the 7 might fit the bill. It says on their website that it fits the 11" Air or a...
  19. 7enderbender

Insurance for Camera gear

As a Massachusetts resident I envy everyone here who has access to State Farm. I have not been able to find ANY reasonably priced camera insurance here. Insurance companies simply refuse to do business in this over-regulated state. And adding stuff to my home owners insurance is not really an...
  20. 7enderbender

Why do people post photos on the social websites?

Simple answer: because they want other people to see and enjoy them. To me that's what photographs are for. I've been following some of the media hype (especially in Europe where I'm from originally) around privacy, safety and copyright concerns. Fair enough. But I see no value (apply any...