2. C

Beautiful sunsets

Sunset at the canyons
  3. C

How long does one wait for the Lee Big Stopper

2-3 months, in general. It's well-worth the wait. :D
  4. C

Normal RAW vs Dual ISO Raw Example Video

There is a lot more moire in the dual-iso version.
  5. C

Opinions of Flickr vs Other photo hosting sites...

hahaha... sorry, but I had to. ???
  6. C

5D Mark III with Continuous RAW Video Recording

Ahh, yes... you are right about that. I didn't mean to go off on a tangent here, I was just curious if anyone knew why Canon was hell bent on protecting their 1D line as opposed to their more popular 5D line, that's all. That being said, this is really cool news, and I hope that Canon doesn't...
  7. C

Perhaps you are right, but this would be similar to let's say... BMW suing tuning companies for selling a $500 tune for their turbo-charged 335i cars, giving it a potential performance boost over their top-of-the-line M3 (which costs like $20k more). Does it cannabalize the sales for the M3...
  8. C

So, you're telling me that a hacked 5D3 won't cannibalize sales of their higher-end cameras and video recorders? I find that hard to believe. I also find it hard to believe that a large number of 1D C cameras are being sold, as opposed to the 1D X. People who need the 1D C to shoot video all day...
  9. C

I wonder why the Canon legal team would look the other way on this hack since it's on the 5D3, but throw down the hammer whenever hacking the 1D X is mentioned? :o
  10. C

Which Prime: 50L or 35L?

Same for the 135 f/2L. :)
  11. C

Canon EOS-1D X DXOMark Sensor Scores

yeah yeah yeah Neuro... I just figured it wasn't actually ISO numbers, just some random metric they made up (hence the assumption of a linear scale). ;)
  12. C

Thanks for the explanation preppyak.
  13. C

Well, the low-light ISO scores are 3296, 2293, and 1815, for the 1D X, 5D3, and 5D2, respectively. The difference between the 1D X and 5D3 is 1003, and the difference between the 5D3 and 5D2 is 478. So, the difference between the former is ~2x as much as the latter. Or am I missing something...
  14. C

What's interesting is that those numbers suggest that the 1D X sensor trumps all other sensors in terms of low-light performance. In fact, based on their numbers they are saying there is a 2x difference in improvement in low-light ISO between the 1D X and the 5D3, than between the 5D3 and 5D2...
  15. C

DxOMark vs. Reality

That is interesting... my local AD has lots of banners and large signs outside their storefront... all are Nikon, none are Canon. Inside the two biggest display shelves are Nikon and Canon. Every time I have gone in (probably a couple times a week, to once a month), I've never seen anyone...
  16. C

Help suggest a Tripod for Landscape, low angle shots

3 Legged Thing Eric x4. That'll get you all the low angle shots you want, plus it's an awesome tripod for general use. I personally like it much better than my Manfrotto 055XPROB tripod that others recommended.
  17. C

Canon EOS 3D at 46.1mp Next Month? [CR1]

I don't see it costing more than the 1D X, since that camera is Canon's flagship. Also, I doubt the 3D/6D/etc will be weather-sealed like the 1D-series, include a CF shutter rated to 400k cycles, built-in battery grip, etc.
  18. C

Need a low key shoulder bag for canon 5d3 with kit lens and 600 ex

This might help you: http://bagfinder.lowepro.com/
  19. C

Canon 1DX VS 5D MKIII Cameras

I did the same thing as KKCFamilyman (upgrading to the 1D X from the 5D3). For me, yes. The build quality is much better than the 5D3, imo (the 5D3 felt like a toy compared to the 1D X), and fast frame rate is great. But then again, it's not for everyone. I always wanted a 1D-series body, so...
  20. C

Canon 1DC is IDENTICAL to 1DX other than firmware

Along the same lines... would you be pissed if you bought a $100k M5, and then next year when the new GPS update comes out, BMW made you purchase a new M5 instead of allowing you to buy a DVD with the updated maps? Or, if you want a Sirius Satellite Radio in your car, you'd have to buy a brand...