Search results

1. jalbfb

IBIS and 100mp coming to an EOS R camera? [CR2]

When the EOS-R came out I was glad that Canon finally got into the higher end mirrorless game and the new RF lenses looked great. However, I did not abandon my 5D4 and rush to switch to mirrorless. I am waiting for the next version or two to come out. A 100mp sensor is not something practical...
  2. jalbfb

Skylum Software announces Luminar 3 with Libraries, coming December 18, preorder now

This is their very first version which I think they will admit is not even close to Lr's DAM and they admit this is not a DAM system yet. Skylum has released a time table of future capabilities. I for one am going to wait and see how this develops.
  3. jalbfb

What lenses are coming next for the Canon RF mount?

Why not work on IBIS for the version II and release more lighter weighted non-IS RF lenses?
  4. jalbfb

DPReview: Canon EOS R first impressions with Chris and Rishi

For now I'm holding tight onto my 5D4. The EOS R line will be interestng to watch as it develops. For me, I'll wait for Mark II or even Mak III versions. You've got to give Canon credit for some unique and innovative things with its first dip into the mirrorless pool, like the three...
  5. jalbfb

When I go on safari, what’s in my camera bag?

Happy "hunting!"
  6. jalbfb

Review: Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L IS II by Dustin Abbott

I just sold my 6 yr old Canon 70-200 f/2.8 II which just about covered the cost of the new f4 II. I got tired of carrying around the much heavier f2.8. And when I looked at the metadata info on all of my pictures I took over the past 6 years with the f2.8 I was shocked at the small amount of...
  7. jalbfb

Canon Rumors Turns 10 Years Old

Re: Happy Birthday, Canon Rumors Turns 10 Years Old Today Congrats, Craig. This site has helped me so much with equipment selections and I have enjoyed the various conversations about camera and photography related topics. Here's to many more years of success!
  8. jalbfb

Macphun Showcases Their Digital Asset Manager in Response to Adobe

I switched from Apple's Aperture to Lr several years ago and have the subscription to Lr & PS. I am not really interested in Adobe's new LrCC model since I really do not see the need for me to do processing on multiple devices except on any iPhone photos I might take. So I'll stick with the...
  9. jalbfb

Tamron Will Announce a New 24-70mm f/2.8 Di VC USD G2 Lens This Year

That would be nice for us Canon shooters, but quite honestly, you get used to it fairly quickly. At least that was my experience.
  10. jalbfb

Canon in Active Development of EF 24-70mm f/2.8L IS [CR2]

Totally agree with Dustin on this one. I am anxious to see what Tamron's G2 of this lens looks like (more than likely like all of their SP series) and performs. Canon, when and if they do release their IS version, will more than likely be cost prohibitive except for the very rich among us or...
  11. jalbfb

Tamron Announces the SP 70-200mm F/2.8 Di VC USD G2

I'll be awaiting your review, Dustin. They are always very informative and straight forward.
  12. jalbfb

Lensrentals.com Puts the EF 24-105mm f/4L IS II Through Testing

I will be getting the 5D4 in January and was going to get the newer 24-105 and sell off my present 5D3 and older version 24-105. But after this article, I'll sell the present 5D3 body and keep my 24-105 and save the $1100. I like the extra reach that 105 gives me and the IS, so I will...
  13. jalbfb

Firmware: Canon EOS 5D Mark IV 1.02

Graham, I thought that if you set your camera for a certain Picture Style that when you import it to say Lr, that "treatment" comes through on the uploaded picture. Am I wrong in my thinking?? Florian
  14. jalbfb

Firmware: Canon EOS 5D Mark IV 1.02

Dustin, are you using these settings in Picture Style for all of the pictures you are taking with the 5D4? RAW and JPEG?
  15. jalbfb

Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Manual Available

Page 103...Red light on focus point in low light is back!!!!!!
  16. jalbfb

*UPDATED* Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Specifications & Image

Re: Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Specifications 30 mp a pleasant surprise and better than the 24 that was initially speculated upon. I'm happy with that and the prelim specs posted so far. No CFast card just means that I do not have to spend more money on a new set of memory cards or another reader...
  17. jalbfb

Update on Lightroom 2015.2 / Lightroom 6.2 Release

Uh, but they failed to give any reason as to why they removed some many features that many of us rely upon. The last they could have done it given us some choices to get them back through section in Preferences/Edit so we could have the dumb down view (now in the update) and our usual efficient...
  18. jalbfb

Back-button focus?

I've been using BBF for several years now and can't see ever going back to shutter release focus. The times that I am using cable release, my camera is on a tripod and I've locked focus either in live view or through the viewfinder with BBF after composing my capture and then firing off the...
  19. jalbfb

Canon Repair on 5D3 problems

I was able to turn on the grid display but it does not show up in the 3x3 pattern but at this point I'll take it. All of the menu controls were set at default and I thought I had gone through each one but must have blown by VF display setting. Thanks for the help everyone. Much appreciated!!
  20. jalbfb

Canon Repair on 5D3 problems

Bingo!!! Thanks. I was re-setting one of my custom functions and forgot to return it to Single Shot