Search results

1. J

Rumoured Canon EOS Rs Specifications [CR1]

Well that is just great.... large nosed photographers who wear gloves and shoot with the screen facing in are ruining my R shooting experience. Makes perfect sense.
  2. J

Rumoured Canon EOS Rs Specifications [CR1]

I am personally extremely disappointed that the Touch Bar is being removed. I use it regularly on my R and find it to be the easiest way to adjust Kelvin WB quickly. I just don't understand why they would add a joystick???? There is no reason for it.
  3. J

Please don’t take away the multi function bar!!

I guess I would be fine with the removal of the bar as long as they have another dial or control to adjust the WB like I do with the bar. Currently changing the WB on my 5d4 is a several step process and I would hate to return to that.
  4. J

I often take 5000 photos at a 12-14 hour wedding. I edit well over a 1000. I understand your point of view but, like many pro wedding photographers, I take a lot and edit a lot. I understand there are really good pros that take a very limited amount as well. Just a difference in style and...
  5. J

I constantly adjust the kelvin while I am shooting. I often take thousands of photos at a wedding and editing them is much easier if the WB is already dialed in and I don't have to constantly adjust it in post. I also often show my clients photos as I take them so it helps if the image has...
  6. J

I have grown to rely on the multi function bar and am afraid it will be taken away in future Rs. Why is it hated so much? I use it to perfectly dial in kelvin WB and can’t think of a better way to do it. Dialing in camera settings with the R is so easy and joyful. Also, I also don’t see how...
  7. J

Another Canon EOS R series body mentioned [CR2]

I have come to really enjoy the Touch Bar and wold be very disappointed if it were gone. It is a perfect interface to quickly dial in correct kelvin settings. I can't think of a reason why I would need a joystick.
  8. J

Lower end EOS R body to omit the touch bar

I absolutely love the Touch Bar and will be very disappointed if it is removed in future pro bodies. I use it to manually adjust the kelvin WB and have come to rely on its usefulness.
  9. J

R Backup

I only use JPEG as backups. I used to shoot JPEG only so I am comfortable with them as backups. When I use two card slots I shoot RAW to one card and JPEG to the other. When I transfer to my phone over wifi with the R it only transfers JPEG files. I does not transfer while shooting though...
  10. J

R Backup

There are a few reasons. The 1dx2 and 5d4 obviously have more pro features and frames per second. The R is not going to do well with sports, probably, but its focus abilities for normal moving and still subjects is near perfect and outperform the 1dx2 and 5D4. In extreme dark situations (were...
  11. J

R Backup

I have the R and love it. It is far superior than my 5D4 and even better than my 1DX mark 2. I am a wedding photographer and currently use the R and my 5D4 simultaneously. I thought the 5D4 would have 3/4 of the work and the R would just complement. However, every single time I pick up the...
  12. J

late 2014 27" iMac 5K with 1TB of flash storage HHD installation

I have a late 2014 27" iMac 5K with 1TB of flash storage. Because my model also came with a standard HHD is there room in my iMac to add an HHD and have two internal hard drives? If so what else do I need to buy besides the hard drive? I know the display is attached with adhesive and will...
  13. J

5DsR mRaw quality issues

I had the same intentions with my 5dsr when I first got it. I also did some testing of the mRAW and found that it is not a good option for me either. mRAW is worse than shooting JPEG in my opinion. As soon as you start to adjust colors in mRAW they fall apart. Here is my test image from a...
  14. J

Profoto A1 speedlight leaked.

There are quite a few strobes that integrate seamlessly with the Canon system. For example I have the Indra 500 which has all of the features of the Canon speed light and the extra power. I just can't imagine spending all that money on a speedlight, especially if most wedding photographers use...
  15. J

Phottix Indra 500lc first impressions

I just received the new Phottix Indra 500lc and just wanted to share my first impressions for those of you who may be interested in mixing a studio strobe with your Canon flashes. I am a wedding photographer and have been using a strobe in addition to my flashes for a couple of years now. I...
  16. J

Phottix Indra500LC with Canon RT

I am a wedding photographer that already uses multiple Canon 600ex flashes. I have also been using a 600 watt battery powered studio strobe by Flashpoint. If feel like bringing a strobe to weddings has made my job much easier and because of the limitations of my current strobe I am looking to...
  17. J

Change capture time with Capture One

I have recently changed over from Lightroom to Capture One. I am still getting used to Capture One but I have it figured out enough to use it for my wedding work. However, one thing I really miss is the ability to change capture times for different cameras. For one of my weddings I used...
  18. J

5D iv Dual Pixel RAW files give an extra stop in the highlights

I am not sure if I understand this, but this seems interesting to me. Especially if LR eventually supports DP RAW files. Most of the time it seems like we look at the ability of a camera's sensor to recover shadows as a measure of dynamic range. But if the info is in the highlights, then...
  19. J

AF assit slows camera AF again!!

A few years ago when I upgraded to the 5d3 and 600ex-rt flashes I was frustrated when I found that the AF assist beam caused the camera to slow when it acquired focus. I started a post about it and a few others had the same issue. Canon issued a firmware update and the problem was solved. You...
  20. J

Auto update sequence number for Lightroom

I get this from time to time and I have to disagree. I would guess from your critique that you and I approach a wedding much differently. There are lot of reasons why I shoot, cull, edit and deliver as many images as I do. My clients are not your clients and what works for you doesn't work...