Search results

1. J

Please don’t take away the multi function bar!!

I have grown to rely on the multi function bar and am afraid it will be taken away in future Rs. Why is it hated so much? I use it to perfectly dial in kelvin WB and can’t think of a better way to do it. Dialing in camera settings with the R is so easy and joyful. Also, I also don’t see how...
  2. J

R Backup

I have the R and love it. It is far superior than my 5D4 and even better than my 1DX mark 2. I am a wedding photographer and currently use the R and my 5D4 simultaneously. I thought the 5D4 would have 3/4 of the work and the R would just complement. However, every single time I pick up the...
  3. J

late 2014 27" iMac 5K with 1TB of flash storage HHD installation

I have a late 2014 27" iMac 5K with 1TB of flash storage. Because my model also came with a standard HHD is there room in my iMac to add an HHD and have two internal hard drives? If so what else do I need to buy besides the hard drive? I know the display is attached with adhesive and will...
  4. J

Phottix Indra 500lc first impressions

I just received the new Phottix Indra 500lc and just wanted to share my first impressions for those of you who may be interested in mixing a studio strobe with your Canon flashes. I am a wedding photographer and have been using a strobe in addition to my flashes for a couple of years now. I...
  5. J

Phottix Indra500LC with Canon RT

I am a wedding photographer that already uses multiple Canon 600ex flashes. I have also been using a 600 watt battery powered studio strobe by Flashpoint. If feel like bringing a strobe to weddings has made my job much easier and because of the limitations of my current strobe I am looking to...
  6. J

Change capture time with Capture One

I have recently changed over from Lightroom to Capture One. I am still getting used to Capture One but I have it figured out enough to use it for my wedding work. However, one thing I really miss is the ability to change capture times for different cameras. For one of my weddings I used...
  7. J

5D iv Dual Pixel RAW files give an extra stop in the highlights

I am not sure if I understand this, but this seems interesting to me. Especially if LR eventually supports DP RAW files. Most of the time it seems like we look at the ability of a camera's sensor to recover shadows as a measure of dynamic range. But if the info is in the highlights, then...
  8. J

AF assit slows camera AF again!!

A few years ago when I upgraded to the 5d3 and 600ex-rt flashes I was frustrated when I found that the AF assist beam caused the camera to slow when it acquired focus. I started a post about it and a few others had the same issue. Canon issued a firmware update and the problem was solved. You...
  9. J

Auto update sequence number for Lightroom

This has been bugging me a lot lately. I shoot weddings and I edit 1200-1800 images per wedding. I like to split the wedding in sections (portraits, ceremony, reception, ect.....). After I edit each section I like to export that section so I don't have to wait and export and upload 1800...
  10. J

Is it possible to remove the top off of a 600ex-rt??

I have to have AF assist during dark wedding receptions and I was angry that the smaller transmitter left off an AF assist. I do not need my on camera flash to produce light (I rely on off camera lights), however I need it to control the other flashes and provide a reliable AF assist. When the...
  11. J

example of 6 stop push in post

Most dynamic range test I have read seems to set the standard of a 6 stop push in relation to good dynamic range. I have really never needed more than a couple of stops, however now that I have the 1DX2 I thought I would give it a try just to see if I could do it. I took this shot of a sunrise...
  12. J

All day wedding with the 1DX mark ii

I am a wedding photographer who has shot with the 1Dx for the last 3 years. I also have a 5DSr. I received the 1DX mark ii this week and just returned from my all day wedding and just thought I would share some observations from having it in a lot of different lighting scenarios. The focus on...
  13. J

1DX mark II Auto Focus

I have been doing a few tests with the 1DX mark ii and I have to say that the DPAF is unreal. I set up a shot in almost darkness (where I had issues seeing myself) to test out the noise at ISO 51000. I was able to achieve focus with the center focus point (the most sensitive one) fairly easily...
  14. J

The Grid: Canon 1DX mark with Rudy Winston, Peter Miller, and Damian Strohmeyer

The two guys who shot the super bowl with the 1DX mark ii were on an episode of the grid. It is a difficult video to watch because it is so very long. However if you have an extra hour in your day and want to hear everything you possibly can about the new 1DX mark ii then here is the link...
  15. J

5DSr morie

I have used the 5DSr for countless wedding and portrait shoots. I have, to my knowledge, never seen an issue with morie. Actually I thought it would never be an issue. Well I finally found a shot that had plenty and man is it ugly. It is strange that it happened in this particular shot and...
  16. J

A little petty, but still fun!

I am a part of a photography group on FB for wedding photographers. I posted a screen shot of an image I took that was drastically underexposed and needed +5 stops of exposure correction along with +100 shadow correction to even be usable. I didn't mention the camera I used, but just comment...
  17. J

5DSr great but wish mRAW was an viable option

Got the 5DSr a couple days ago and I love it. In terms of IQ it blows the doors off the 5D3, 1DX, & 6D (which I have all). The 1DX has a little better noise, but the details of the 5DSr almost allow post processing to make up for it. The 5D3 doesn't even compare in any category related to the...
  18. J

EOS-M with 5DSr sensor

What is the possibility of Canon releasing a higher end ESO-M with the sensor from the 5DSr lets say a year or so after the 5Dsr has been out? Mainly thinking of something to travel with. Obviously I would have to find a smaller lens that still would resolve well enough to make it worth while.
  19. J

D810 vs 5DSr

I am not sure if I am seeing all of this right, but new full resolution test shots (jpegs) of the 5DSr are up on imaging resources and from what I see, the 5DRs blows the doors off of the D810 at ISO 6400. Again I might not be comparing the right images, but I think I am smart enough to figure...
  20. J

Landscape Lens

I am a wedding photographer but I love taking pictures of landscapes. I do not have a lot of experience but want to do it as more of a hobby especially now that I ordered the 5DSr. I mostly have wedding and portrait orientated lenses. I am looking at getting the 17mm or 24mm tilt shift...