Search results

1. TrumpetPower!

Networkable DSLRs trivially hacked

Here're a couple security researchers giving an hour-long presentation at Shmoocon. They demonstrate that the 1Dx is basically an open sieve when it comes to security. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7RjJNLnWF8 If you turn on WiFi or plug in a network cable to your DSLR, basically anybody can...
  2. TrumpetPower!

Here comes the Sun!

This past summer, a ring of fire set over the Grand Canyon. I was there, at Lipan Point, attempting the hardest photographic challenge I've tried yet: to capture the experience of an annular solar eclipse over the Grand Canyon. I think I might have succeeded. At this resolution, the dot of the...
  3. TrumpetPower!

Ultimate giclée lens?

So, I do a bit of fine art reproduction / copy / giclée work, and I'm expecting to do more in the future. I get great results with the Canon 50mm f/2.5 Compact Macro. More is always better, of course, which is why this question. Can anybody offer a recommendation of a significantly better...
  4. TrumpetPower!

RSS L-plate for 5DIII w/ BG-E11 grip

My L-plate from RSS just arrived, and it's sweet. All rounded, fits like a glove, couldn't be smaller, and it's easy to get to the batteries and ports. What's more, the grip actually feels good in the had when held in portrait orientation (unlike the RSS L-plate for the gripped 5DII). My...