Search results

1. Northstar

LiveBackwoods - 1dx mark ii 120fps Smoke Grenades

Nice job backwoods....I enjoyed your short video! North
  2. Northstar

Post your best portraits(street, studio, candid etc...).

Beautiful girl and light! Very nice!
  3. Northstar

Show your Bird Portraits

I call it...male blue bird on a male slipper. Thank you. ;)
  4. Northstar

Show your Bird Portraits

very cool shot!!
  5. Northstar

Show your Bird Portraits

These bald eagles were photographed in Minnesota. 20 years ago I’d be lucky to see a few bald eagles per year, now they’ve recovered to a level where I’ll see a few each week.... nice to see! North
  6. Northstar

Show your Bird Portraits

Baldy and Juvenile on my neighbor’s Chimney! 1dx with 300mm 2.8 and 1.4 ext.
  7. Northstar

Show your Bird Portraits

nice shot!!
  8. Northstar

Deal: Canon EOS-1D C Body $3999 (Reg $4999)

Matthew....absolute fantastic video! I'm sure they were very happy with it! Did you shoot all of it with the canon 1DC ? Also, what glass did you use? North
  9. Northstar

24-70 II slight clicking sound when zooming

I’ve had mine since March 2013 and it did make the clicking noise at first, but slowly went away. I’ve been using it for 2.5 years now and it’s a fantastic lens. I use it primarily for indoor sports action and it focuses quickly and accurately and the IQ is fantastic. I had forgot that my copy...
  10. Northstar

HELP for shooting ice rink ASAP!!!!

How did it go enice?
  11. Northstar

Ended: Adobe Creative Cloud 12 Month Photography Plan $89 (Reg $119)

Re: Deal: Adobe Creative Cloud 12 Month Photography Plan $89 (Reg $119) Thanks Private...good advice as usual. I do mainly sports /fast turn so it makes sense now why he suggested it to me. But I need the editing, so the search continues.
  12. Northstar

Ended: Adobe Creative Cloud 12 Month Photography Plan $89 (Reg $119)

Re: Deal: Adobe Creative Cloud 12 Month Photography Plan $89 (Reg $119) I’m looking to make a change (still using Aperture for most of my work) This is tempting....BUT, a friend recently told me how much he likes Photo Mechanic. Does anybody else use Photo Mechanic and if so do you like...
  13. Northstar

Your best animal shots!

Very nice!
  14. Northstar

Anything Shot with a 1Dx mark II

Looking forward to seeing some Costa Rica photos!
  15. Northstar

Anything Shot with a 1Dx mark II

My first thought is that they fixed the 1/2 stop underexposed issue with the 1dx. Otherwise, the photos look similar to me. Crapking, how is the AF in fast action compared to the 1dx? North
  16. Northstar

Your best animal shots!

As usual, great photos Edward! Thanks so much for sharing! North
  17. Northstar

1DX Firmware Upgrade with DPAF

I absolutely would pay for this. $500 without hesitation.
  18. Northstar

Ended: Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II $1449 (Reg $1799)

Re: Great Deal: Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II $1449 (Reg $1799) This is a fantastic lens for me. I use it all the time for basketball and I get very sharp photos of fast moving action at f2.8.
  19. Northstar

1DX MkII samples page

after downloading and viewing a few of these images i have to say that the improvement over the 1DX is not noticeable IMO. I’ve looked at 100,000 plus shots I’ve taken with the 1dx at ISO 3200 and above....looks the same to me. the reason for upgrading are all the small improvements/upgrades...
  20. Northstar

Tips on shooting hockey?

after a little more thought...here’s a shot taken at 1/1250th, f3.5, ISO 3200. I have no fears of shooting the 1dx at ISO 3200, so I gave the light to my aperture and shutter speed...but as you can see, i could’ve shot this at f 4.0, ISO 1600 and 1/500th (if my math is right) (i’m drinking beer...