Search results

1. GMCPhotographics

Canon RF 35mm f/1.4L USM video features

I completely agree, unfortunatly there are also RF lens snobs out there who a very vocal about their wants for a RF 35L. The EF 135mm f2.0 L had a few deficiencies that really needed a warm over. A 1/3 stop of light was always an easy option, adding IS was another. Making it a tad sharper across...
  2. GMCPhotographics

Soz to be piccy but a video usage is not a photo useage. The existing EF 35mm f1.4 II L and the RF 35mm f1.8 are already great for photos. Just no so useful for Video. Personally, I'm only interested in Photos (stils)...so I really don't want to pay extra thousands of research and dev £££/$$$...
  3. GMCPhotographics

It's not an issue for Photographers, unless one is focus stacking. Otherwise...it's a non issue. Especially when shot wide open at f1.4 for documentary style B&W portraiture.
  4. GMCPhotographics

Tipex is your OCD friend....:ROFLMAO:
  5. GMCPhotographics

Canon EOS R5 Mark II will ship in June or July

Canon are being very tactical and smart with their RF lens production. Making just enough fo their new top end models to create an aura of rarity, but not enough to cause the street price to drop below RRP. Why make 10000 units and have to discount heavily to shift the glass when you can make...
  6. GMCPhotographics

I really don't understand your sentiment with this statement. Canon doesn't react to market fads or whims. What it does is an excruciating R&D programme that looks into the market very carefully and develops truely well thought out tools that take time to develop. The EF mount was a slow...
  7. GMCPhotographics

Canon officially registers a second unannounced EOS R camera body

I'm so looking forwards to this batch of camera releases from Canon. The R5 needs a warm over to keep it fresh and the it's been long over due for a real flag ship camera....not that I've ever bought a 1 series in my entire photographic history. They have always been a bit too big and heavy for...
  8. GMCPhotographics

I suspect that Canon will play the "we have a trailer load of gear for you named (specific) pros at this year's olympics...oh and we have 10 copies of the new R1...come and play...book it out for a session" approach. As to weather you as a consumer need or want an R1, there is always a...
  9. GMCPhotographics

Here we go again, the Canon RF 35mm f/1.4L rumored to be announced next month

I think our views of "considerably" are somewhat different. Sure, both Sony GA the Sigma mirrorless 35mm f1.4 DN is a wee bit lighter and both are pretty much the same size as the Canon EF mkII version. 50-100g isn't going to make much of a difference, it's nice but not what I'd call...
  10. GMCPhotographics

This is very true and the big RF whites aren't quate as good as the EF mk II versions. I suspect that the EF mk III's weren't selling so well and canon desperately needed a quick range fix. That is until Canon replace all of their super tele primes with zoom equivelents.
  11. GMCPhotographics

As a headline, a 35mm f1.2 L is easy on the eye. However, regardless of how this lens is percived or recived by the internet / influencers. It will sell in moderately high numbers over a long period of time. It's a key stalwart lens for many portait and wedding photographers and there will...
  12. GMCPhotographics

Funnily enough, I was on a Photographic trip organised by Guy Edwardes in Slovenia during winter of 2010. I was on the end of my wedding season and didn't have many versatile landscape oriented zoom lenses at the time. At the time I was going through a "Primes are best" phase. So I took my...
  13. GMCPhotographics

Another quality example of the toxicity represented here.
  14. GMCPhotographics

Standing back from keyboard and putting on my noise cancelling headphones.....let the bitching begin.... Meanwhile...I'm popping out with my delightful EF 35mm f1.4 II L and I'm going to take some photos.
  15. GMCPhotographics

Summary of my RF 200-800mm testing

I think next year when I visit my parent's in Sri Lanka, I may well side grade my EF 100-400 II L for the RF 100-500LIS. If only for it's slightly more compact size (adapter and 1.4x TC) and it's reduced walk-abouts weight. I don't need a tripod collar on this lens because it's more than hand...
  16. GMCPhotographics

Summary of my RF 200-800mm testing

To me, it looks more like a slight mis-focus. I regularly use my EF 100-400IIL + 1.4x TC, fully racked out and it's super sharp. The main issue for me is the reduced AF speed and accuracy. To put my comments in to some sort of perspective, I also use a EF 400mm f2.8 LIS mk II, which is known to...
  17. GMCPhotographics

Canon EOS R5 Mark II Specifications

I have a R6ii and a R8, every time I reach for it in my camera bag it seems to magically turn to a random setting. Every time i power on the camera I have to recheck which mode I'm in, which slows me down. I far prefer the R5 top LCD screen is way more less likely to get knocked or shifted.
  18. GMCPhotographics

Canon EOS R5 Mark II Specifications

I'm assuming the upgrade here is the sensor readout speed, improved AI AF (I'm guessing that it's be a better Auto detect system). and an improved flippy screen and hopefully an improved EVF. If i already had a R5, I'm not sure there is enough to warrant a side grade. However for people like me...
  19. GMCPhotographics

Canon EOS R5 Mark II sensor resolution likely to stick at 45mp but with new AI features [CR2]

Yes, I mostly agree with you, however we are seeing with mirrorless cameras that the division of hardware to software is leaning more towards software with each genearation of camera. The Af system is mostly software based. It's reasonable to assume that the EOS R has a similar hardware AF...
  20. GMCPhotographics

Canon adds ST-E3-RT Version 3 transmitter

It's possible that Canon's stocks were running low and needed to put a new order into Hitachi (who design and manufacture all of Canon's speedlites) for a slightly revised version.