Search results

1. GMCPhotographics

What are your most used lens?

For fun, I thought I'd list my lens usage in Lightroom and I was surprised to see the results. I took a 2 year listing and saw a similar result. If I look at my wedding usage, my 85L is my most used lens with my 35L coming in a close 2nd and my 16-35IIL hitting 3rd. But if I excluded my...
  2. GMCPhotographics

Beautiful Sunrises

We have an active thread for Sunsets. So lets have one for Sunrise. Why do I prefer Sunrise to Sunsets? For me it's easier to work in the ascending light, there's often more mist and gentle haze. So the colours tend to be be more interesting. There's generally less people and dogs about at that...
  3. GMCPhotographics

My most used lens - Rated by wear and tear

I was looking at my lenses the other day and I was thinking to myself that instead of looking in Lightroom for my lens usage...that it was far easier to inspect my lenses for wear. The more worn and shabby...the more I obviously use and abuse this lens. So here's my list: 16-35IIL - on it's...
  4. GMCPhotographics

Will the Wondapanner 145mm filters work on the new ef 11-24L?

I'm wondering if the Wondapaner filter system will work with the new Canon ef 11-24mm f4 L lens? It uses the largest diameter filters currently available. They are like dinner plates, nearly as big as the front element on a 400mm f2.8 LIS (I know because I currently have both). I use my...
  5. GMCPhotographics

I feel vindicated by this post about the 120-300 Sigma

I have to say, I feel more than a little vindicated by this following post about the 120-300 f2.8 OS from Sigma: http://www.canonrumors.com/2014/06/the-saga-of-the-sigma-120-300-f2-8-os-sport/ I had a copy of the previous (non art) version which is the same lens optically and mechanically. I...
  6. GMCPhotographics

T-Stop Web Site listings

Guys, I'm wondering if we can collate a set of web links which points to sites which show T-Stop listings for Canon lenses? DP review are now adding T Stop listings for their reviews, starting with the new 24-70 f2.8 II L. But they aren't retrospectively re-working all their other reviews. So...