Search results

1. D

Show your Bird Portraits

Raptor traffic by David, on Flickr Alaska Inside Passage, May 2015
  2. D

Military Aircraft: airshows, operational, whatever, lets see what you have!

F-105 Wild Weasels on the flight line at Korat RTAFB in 1972. Scanned from a 35mm slide and cleaned up in photoshop. I believe these are G models with AGM-78's on the wing hardpoints.
  3. D

Rain Covers

I carry several cheap clear shower caps and a small piece of chamois to wipe the lens should it get wet. I do have a kata rain cover as well that i've used several times in heavy rain.
  4. D

Gura Gear Kiboko 22L????

This bag is $80 off direct from Gura Gear 26-28 May 2012
  5. D

Gura Gear Kiboko 22L????

I have the Gura Gear Kiboko 22L and love it. Travels very well on airplanes in the overhead bin and you can hike through the woods with it - it is very configurable and is comfortable to wear. It includes a laptop sleeve. It's just a medium size bag so it requires you to make choices on what...
  6. D

Lenses to shoot the Milky Way. Is a 17-40 enough?

I would also recommend the Sigma 15mm f2.8 fisheye. At ~$600 it is much cheaper than the Canon 14mm. See a recent shot here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/dpayne1/7103879039/#in/photostream/lightbox/ I also use the Tokina 16-28 f2.8...
  7. D

Tokina AT-X 16-28mm F2.8 PRO FX

I had a used 16-35mm II I bought from KEH. I never was able to get good results with it so I bought the Tokina AT-X 16-28mm F2.8 Pro Fx. The Tokina is big and heavy has a funky lens cap but gave me better results than my copy of the 16-35mm Canon ever did. I actually did some test shots...