Search results

1. C

Video Stabilization with a DSLR

I'm wondering what the best way to get stable videos would be, outside of using my tripod. There are times when taking and setting up a tripod isn't very practical. I shoot short clips of vacation activities and outdoor shots most of the time. I don't have Image Stabilization on my 16-35mm...
  2. C

Canon U.S.A. Introduces The HJ18ex7.6B Portable HD Eng Lens, Delivering Outstanding Optical Performa

Re: Canon U.S.A. Introduces The HJ18ex7.6B Portable HD Eng Lens, Delivering Outstanding Optical Perf Why don't more lenses come with the built in motor drive for smooth zooming?
  3. C

Patent: EF 85mm f/1.2L III and Others

If it is a 50mm f/1.4 IS, that would be a hard choice over the 50mm f/1.2.
  4. C

New Full Frame Camera in 2014? [CR1]

Can movie theaters show 4K movies with their digital projectors? I'm not really sure what resolution the average 'non-hollywood' film is shot in though. I would assume it is 1080p or the wide screen equivalent.
  5. C

Patent: Tamron 10mm f/2.8 Fisheye

I used an 8mm f/2.8 fisheye to capture the moonless night sky on my 5Dm2. It shows up as a circle in the middle of the frame.
  6. C

IS Versions of the 50mm, 85mm & 135mm Coming? [CR1]

Re: IS Versions of the 50mm, 85mm & 135mm Coming? [CR1] I would like to see how IS could have handled shooting video on my bike last week. There were some shots that I bet it would have a problem with, but it should smooth out the bumps, and that is a big deal.
  7. C

Patent: EF 16-35 f/4L, 17-40 f/4L and Others

I have before. Long exposures in national parks out West for instance. I carried it down to the bottom of the Grand Canyon a few years ago (with a tripod even).
  8. C

Patent: EF 16-35 f/4L, 17-40 f/4L and Others

Is size, cost, and weight the reasons someone would go with a 16-35 f/4 over the 16-35 f/2.8? I like my 16-35mm f/2.8 a lot and haven't noticed any problems with it.
  9. C

updating to Maverick 10.9?

I upgraded to 10.9, and it broke a few things like my USB3 card won't work. I like it though overall. It was a little scary when it was updating and restarted. It gave me an error the first few times on my 2010 MacBook Pro.
  10. C

More Images of the PowerShot G1 X Mark II

That is what I am thinking. Then again, I will probably still choose the 5Dm2 and it's hassle of carrying the size and weight over this camera. Now, if I didn't have my 5Dm2, this might be the camera I was looking for.
  11. C

Stacked TCs - 1.4x III + 12mm Extension Tube + 2x III

Wildlife is tricky, especially if you use live-view and digitally focus with the AF button. Or manually focus by zooming in and pixel peeping (why isn't there a 50-100x zoom). I only have the 25mm tube, so it had to be that one, but I haven't come up with a reason to have a 840mm eq lens for...
  12. C

I put the 2x closest to the camera, then the 25mm tube, and the lens+1.4x on it. I used the live view mode and pushed the AF button to focus. It isn't the fastest, but it was able to lock in. The next question is, other than the Moon pictures, there isn't much to gain from this setup. I...
  13. C

I have done this with a 300mm f/4 and a 1.4x II, 25mm tube, and 2x II. With my 5Dm2, I was still short of filling the entire frame. The details are good, and I'm not sure if the atmosphere helped blur it at all (it was a cold day in February), but I would have liked to have another 2x or...
  14. C

Gura Gear Introduces New Adventure Backpack for Photographers

I'd be impressed when they fit a Gitzo tripod with whimberley head on it inside of a backpack, along with a camera, lenses, clothes, food, and tent. All of which needs to be easily accessible and ready to shoot in about 60 seconds. ;D
  15. C

Gura Gear Introduces New Adventure Backpack for Photographers

Is it just me, or did they not have a good picture of how your camera gear could be laid out, protected, and organized? The video shows how you can get to it quickly, but I would like to see more real world examples. And I agree, where is the camera bag for the multi-night camper/hiker...
  16. C

Gura Gear Launches New Color for Bataflae

Re: MSRP for 32 is ~ $450 USD I carry on my pelican camera/laptop case... ;) I do get a workout carrying it around the world, but I haven't had any problems with it (except for some smaller airplanes). http://www.casesbypelican.com/StudioCruzer/photostudio-17.htm
  17. C

IS Versions of the 50mm, 85mm & 135mm Coming? [CR1]

Re: IS Versions of the 50mm, 85mm & 135mm Coming? [CR1] I would still buy the 50mm f/1.2 compared to a 50mm f/1.8 IS or f/2 IS. 50mm f/1.4 IS might be a hard choice. 50mm f/1.2 IS L would be the best, but I might have to save my money for a few months to be able to afford it (if it is...
  18. C

Gura Gear Launches New Color for Bataflae

I have never removed my camera body from the lens when I put it into a backpack. It is just 15 seconds longer to get it setup and ready to shoot. Is there a reason why that shouldn't be done?
  19. C

EF 800 f/5.6L IS II [CR2]

When are they going to make one with a built in 2x extender...? ;D
  20. C

Canon 2x and 1.4x mk3 extenders

Have you tried shooting the planets (Mars, Jupiter, Saturn)? I've used a 300 f/4 + 1.4x+2x and you could barely make out Jupiter and 4 moons if you digitally zoomed in quite a bit. I figure you need a 4000mm lens equivalent before it would be like a telescope. If I had more free time and a...