Search results

1. H

Post your best portraits(street, studio, candid etc...).

A very quick photo of one of my twin daughters, if either of them sit still for more than 30 seconds I'm lucky...
  2. H

70-200 2.8 advice

I have both the 70-200 2.8 ii is and the 70-200 f4 is, if weight and money aren't an issue go for the 2.8 ii is, it really is an amazing lens, everytime I put it on my 5Diii it just astounds me how good it is, that being said the f4 version is brilliant as well....most times the F4 is attached...
  3. H

Lens Love

We Love Lenses on Vimeo A little bit of love goes a long way...
  4. H

Best Nikon DF Review! By Fstoppers.

The perfect accessory..... http://holdfastgear.com/?products/roamographer.html
  5. H

Is Sony junk....

"Moody's cut its credit rating on Sony to junk on Monday, saying the Japanese electronics giant had more work to do in repairing its battered balance sheet...." Source AFP.... How will this effect, the current crop of A7's and A7R's..... Will we see further development?, will we see price...
  6. H

Best Nikon DF Review! By Fstoppers.

Fake aperture ring WTF..... At least now I know I have been dressing all wrong, when I return to the real world, this will be my "go to" video or is that "Vine", to know how to dress and be taken seriously as a photographer.... Bugger the equipment, it's about the clothes and being hip.....
  7. H

EOS 5D Mark III & Third Party Batteries

Re: EOS 5D Mark III & Third Party Batteries Where I currently live, I can't even buy an original LP-E6, not even at the Canon shop, every other camera store stocks some third party manufacturer version...so apart from lack of choice, the price difference is a determining factor. Also where I...
  8. H

Bikini on the beach

This is what I get faced with every day.....Russian tourists seem to think a G-String is appropriate beach wear, male and female....no matter what your body shape or size. The second picture is using two leaves found on the beach....(guess the tan lines look more natural)
  9. H

Black & White

Up in the air..
  10. H

Lightroom 5 and 5.2 very weak support for Sigma Lens correction

I had a similar issue yesterday, with my 85 1.4, I think it was a metadata problem/or how Sigma lenses and LR work together, a little fiddling around (not sure exactly what I did) but the "obscure Lenses" you mentioned came up, after my fiddling I now have a list of every lens Sigma make...
  11. H

Should I get a clear filter for my lens?

Definitely a can of worms topic, maybe like the super thin condom vs the standard....Anyway, I use Hoya HD on all of my lenses; except for my Sigma 85 1.4, this is the only lens I keep for portraits indoors, all the others find there way outdoors, where I live, it's humid and dusty and polluted...
  12. H

Your best street shots of any kind.

Not a "best" but a favourite from my "Street Photographers" series
  13. H

Clarification....Fine Art

I watched this a while back, have to admit some of it made sense, but then I will have to also admit that some of it made no sense ( to my mind at least)... Seems all of the responses to my question gave me the answer....and that answer is Art is subjective, but also Art is Art or Fine Art when...
  14. H

Clarification....Fine Art

This may seem like a strange/uneducated question, What is Fine Art photography... I have searched Google re definition, without a clear clarification of what it is or who decides what is or isn't fine art... Was browsing through the Focus magazine, allot of what is featured is/or seems to be...
  15. H

my first new born baby photos :)

My new twins...1 month old... It took a month to have the energy to take the DSLR out and take some photos.... Previous were Fuji X10 snapshots...
  16. H

Making your expensive gear look like crap while traveling

I live in a shit-hole of a city, I still carry my 7d and 70-200 f4, I still carry my 5Diii and 70-200 f2.8.... None of them are taped.....I just use common sense of where/when I go somewhere....I don't avoid places, but if there is a choice between a dark alley or a lit street I choose the...
  17. H

Cars cars cars (and some bikes)

From an afternoon walk
  18. H

No 7D Mark II in 2013? [CR2]

Hmmm, disappointed, Yes and No...was looking forward to seeing images/specs and reviews sooner.... On the other hand my current 5Diii and 7D are doing me fine, at least now it leaves some financial breathing space to add the Fuji x100s, sooner than I thought..
  19. H

Keep my 70-200 f/4 IS?

I have both also, I kept my f/4 which is most often on my 7D, it's a brilliant lens, the weight saving compared to the f/2.8 is also a bonus...the f/2.8 is most often used on my 5DmkIII... Hang on to it, it may come in handy... Another bonus is my f/4 is sharp on the 7D at both the wide and...