Search results

1. S

Canon Teaser Appears in Korea

Aside from the Winter Olympics and a design "enhancement", as suggested by others, the only other thing I can think of that is white and means a lot to Canon, is their lenses. I highly doubt it, but maybe this is a body given the White L treatment? I think we need some salt.
  2. S

Canon France Denies Large Sensor Compacts

It appears their web developers have got a pay rise, as they were very efficient in removing the offending material. You will notice Compact APS and 24x36 have now disappeared.
  3. S

Canon EOS 100D Detailed Specs Appear

EF-S not compatible with full frame. Definitely not full frame. That would be crazy.
  4. S

Are there 39mp & 50mp+ Test Bodies in the Wild? [CR1]

One could always take multiple shots with the 2xTC and stitch together. :P See: http://www.shen-hao.com/PRODUCTSabout.aspx?i=1012&id=n3 and DSC3212 on Vimeo. EDIT: Video doesn't embed properly, so click the link at the bottom.
  5. S

Comparing 6D with 5D3

This is not true. Adapted screens can be fitted to the 5D Mark III by simply removing two small screws. There are a limited number of suppliers for the screens that, while not as easy to replace as in the 1Dx, or in fact the consumer APS-C devices, take no more than ten minutes to swap.
  6. S

Why are flash sync shutter speeds getting worse?

I agree. Yet another reason shooting film is still relevant and vital. Not only can I sync a flash to 1/500, but I can even handhold a Bronica SQ-Ai at 1/15 and still get a sharp shot, too.
  7. S

5D Mark III Firmware?

I really don't see this as a problem given you can remap and switch it with another button... As for the lights - yeah, someone stuffed up!
  8. S

smashed 24-105 F4 L Lens front element

I think that is because there are eighteen elements and not just the one you damaged. So really, 18x£200 - they should be charging £3600!!? Good to hear you are getting it fixed!
  9. S

EF-M lens

No, they will only fit the EOS-M and any other camera with a flange focal distance greater than that of the EOS-M (18mm). The lenses would have to sit inside the camera and even if they could fit, would collide with the mirror.
  10. S

More Big Megapixel Talk

What mount would a FF mirrorless use, anyway? The only Canon mount that will work would be the EF mount, as it is the only one that would provide a large enough image circle; however, in order to have it focus, you'd need to maintain the existing flange focal distance, which would also do away...
  11. S

Canon Rebel T4i/650 Recall (Again)

This is evident on my 500D from five years ago (I'm guessing the same problem as described). A white powder has leeched from it since the day I got it. The camera still seems to take photos. :P
  12. S

If Canon wants to kill off Nikon/Sony/Pentax drop APS-C and Go APS-H

The mirror would collide with the rear element of the majority of EF-S lenses, particularly the wides. Third-party lenses tend to have much larger image circles and also greater clearance and can be retro-fitted.
  13. S

If Canon wants to kill off Nikon/Sony/Pentax drop APS-C and Go APS-H

While the EF mount can accommodate a much larger image circle than most EF lenses currently provide, using a square sensor would indeed only be possible with APS-H and not full-frame, without users having to invest in new glass. The image circle for "APS-H" 28x28 would equate to ~40mm, while...
  14. S

Video Resolution Comparison: 5D Mark III vs. Nikon D800

Indeed. And the in-camera AA filter, while reducing moire, also results in a loss of actuance, but when comparing on a chart as above, also increases the perceived resolution within certain constrains. You can see an example of this at 5, 6 and 7 of the diagonal lines. Additionally, I was...
  15. S

Canon EOS M Specs

16. S

macro lens filters

Insect juices do wonders for flare reduction. :P
  17. S

Video Resolution Comparison: 5D Mark III vs. Nikon D800

Not a huge difference, though real world frames seem to say otherwise in some reviews. The main difference I can see here is the moire, where the D800 fails miserably. Personally, losing that bit of sharpness for less moire probably cancels out the difference. That and I don't have to invest in...
  18. S

Canon EOS M Specs

Let me re-quote myself: If we had a couple of really simple lens designs, even if only manual focus, I think this could still be considered pocketable. The OM-D body is much larger (if it was full-frame, I'd forgive them). I personally don't mind carrying around large cameras, as I still use...
  19. S

Canon EOS M Specs

Re: Canon EOS M size G1X? I'd say the price will come down a fair bit with this latest release...
  20. S

Canon EOS M Specs

Um, if they were to release an EVF, I'm not sure a pop-up in that position would work. They could have a side-mounted one, though. Preferably one that swivels so that you can bounce it or some white card or a reflector at close range.