Search results

1. G

Wrist strap / handgrip recommendation?

After trying various others I really like the Cotton Carrier Hand Strap when used with a grip. It is comfortable, and easy to quickly adjust.
  2. G

lens recommendation soccer

I have shot my kids playing soccer with both lenses mentioned, both on a crop body. My opinion is that it depends on the size of the field/pitch. The fields are generally much smaller for the lower age groups and I found the 70 end (effective 112mm on crop) to be too long for much of the field...
  3. G

How do you carry your EOS-M?

I'm really enjoying having the M with me at all times and also wanted to find something to protect it a bit in transit....I had one of these( http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000F4U8VC/ref=oh_details_o07_s00_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1 ) leftover from my nifty fifty and it works great as just general...
  4. G

Do you wish your 70-200L were black?

I remember back in the late 80's, I believe it was, the owner of the local camera shop I frequented had a gold version of an AE-1 that I thought was really cool at the time since it was like mine, only better :-) It may have been some type of sales reward or something, but I haven't been able to...
  5. G

New or Refurbished Lens?

pgsdeepak, I just purchased a 70-200L f/2.8 II and it came as mentioned above with all accessories, but in a large, very-well packaged box without the "original" box. The date code on mine was July 2012. I'm sure it may vary considerably based on what they deem repairable. I would just use the...
  6. G

70-200mm f/2.8L IS II Refurbished for $1699

Thanks for the heads-up...I took the leap and snagged one last night as well after months of indecision and missed opportunities on the canon refurb site. With tax and free shipping it came in at $1801. They are selling consistently on eBay for $1850 and up (used)...I'd much rather have it...
  7. G

MY dog

And a better single shot.
  8. G

MY dog

My Kids' best friends...
  9. G

Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM in Stock at Norman Camera

My local Best Buy shows it available in-store as well, may do the same.
  10. G

Lightroom VS Photoshop

I am with BrianSquibb on this one...DPP and PSE work great for me (and is a very economical, and still feature rich, option)