Search results

1. AprilForever

Canon EOS M50 Mark II information leaks out ahead of the official announcement

Will stay with my 7d mk ii. When it dies, I will buy another 7d mk ii off keh. When it dies, I will buy another 7d mk ii off keh. Want my money, Canon? Make a 7d mk III. Or, i guess a 7r.
  2. AprilForever

Are Two EOS M cameras coming in 2020? [CR1]

They going to make a 600 f4 M? I don't think so. The glass I use on my 7d mk II would not work on m. And, no, throwing in some adapter is not a solution! There are many, many problems introduced by an adapter. Poor weather resistance (ever used big glass in the surf, full of salty sand and...
  3. AprilForever

Are Two EOS M cameras coming in 2020? [CR1]

If the 7d Mk III is a stupid m camera, I will be sorely peeved. Canon, just make a pro build APS-C already!!!!
  4. AprilForever

Canon will release four new full-frame cameras in 2020 [CR2]

7 D MK III. Thus I desire.
  5. AprilForever

Canon officially announces the EOS 90D and EOS M6 Mark II

The rumors were saying for a while that Canon was merging the 7d and XXd lines; Canon does not seem to indicate this in what I saw. Has anyone seen anything else?
  6. AprilForever

Here are some images and pricing for the Canon EOS 90D

Except this is not exactly top end... the 7d Mk II is top end, both in price and features. This is a nice camera for many perhaps, but short of a top end camera. The real top end crop, the APS-H line, they nuked when they released the 1dX. The APS-C top has been the 7d line, which may not...
  7. AprilForever

Here are some images and pricing for the Canon EOS 90D

Definitely not a 7D MK III replacement. Not in specifications, certainly not in price point. Hope remains for a 7d MK III....
  8. AprilForever

Canon EOS 90D full specifications

So, why would they do it?
  9. AprilForever

Canon EOS 90D full specifications

Where am I supposed to go? I shoot 7d mkii for birds and wildlife. I have and shoot a 5d mkiv, using it mostly for landscapes. Where does Canon want me to go from here? No 7d mk iii? The 90d looks to be an inadequate replacement for a 7d mk ii. If they made a pro level crop, even aps-h body, I...
  10. AprilForever

Canon EOS 90D and Canon EOS M6 Mark II announcements coming at the end of August

They should just call it the 7d mk iii. Nix the xxd line. I feel like Canon is trying to push 7d shooters up to fullframe and does not care what we want or think. I feel for all the fans of APS-H... Canon needs a pro-level crop camera, not this nerf nonsense.
  11. AprilForever

Here is an updated list of unreleased Canon gear from certification agencies

I just wish it would be a 7d Mk iii...
  12. AprilForever

APS-C DSLR lineup to get a shake up? [CR1]

If Canon nerfs the 7d mk III, I WILL SCREAM. I love the APS-C pro-ish camera, I want tgere to keep being an actually almost pro apsc camera, it would be a marketing move stupid beyond belief for Canon to ruin the lineup.
  13. AprilForever

Any mirror lenses autofocus for Canon?

Anyone ever come up with an autofocus mirror lens for canon? I used to have an old 500f8 catadiiptric lens which sucked in every way imaginable. This would be a great walk around casual birding lens. I often see birds I would like an image of in places I just can't haul my 600f4. Will this ever...
  14. AprilForever

Canon Announces the EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS III and EF 70-200mm f/4L IS II

Maybe there could be a market for the major upgrade lens. I am guessing not much of one size wise, but, maybe they could sell both and differentiate the higher priced one by making it a bit longer. Maybe make the front element 88mm, extend it to 70-250 2.8.... This might get heavy though. Maybe...
  15. AprilForever

Canon zoom for portraits incl new 70-200

I use my 70-200 for pictures of my 3 and 1 year olds. It is perfect! I also go on long hikes with it. If it seems heavy at first, beef it up. You will grow in strength. When I first started using my 600f4, it took a while before I could hand hold it without my muscles screaming. You will get...
  16. AprilForever

Canon Announces the EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS III and EF 70-200mm f/4L IS II

Something I noticed reading it: why do they recommend the f4 lens for crop sensors, and the f2.8 lens for full frame? Why not recommend them more situationally, like, use the f4 lens when distance hiking and climbing or when you want a lighter set up, and the f2.8 lens when low light or out of...
  17. AprilForever

I'm making a 4:4:4/4:2:2 16/14/12/10-bit codec for Canon DSLR's

I have a friend who is a Prince in his country, but it has been taken over by warlords. He needs some help to escape the country. He needs you to let Him deposit about 25,000,000 British Pounds into your bank account, to help him escape. He will let you keep 2 million for ypur help!!! Can you...
  18. AprilForever

Sure! When do we get it?
  19. AprilForever

Is this a real thing you are doing? I do not understand what you mean by all the codecs. What would all this do? I have a 7d mk ii and a 5d mk iv. What new powers would this all unleash?
  20. AprilForever

Advice for renting a lens for Yellowstone

My Yellowstone Kit, last time I was there: 7d Mk II 5d Mk II 600 f4 IS 300 2.8 IS 70-200 2.8 IS 24-105 f4 16-35 f4 I wish I had had a 35 1.4. Likely, if you do not regularly use a large lens, the 500 f4 will work much better than a 600 f4. A zoom may work better for you if you do not wish...