Search results

1. A

Canon officially announced the RF 400mm f/2.8L IS USM and RF 600mm f/4L IS USM

The 500mm is a noticeably lighter lens which is shootable luggable more than the 400 or 600. My question is where is the 600 DO lens f4.
  2. A

This is just a Sunday reminder of the Canon EOS R5 specifications

My Spokane so you think the DR will be the same as the almost 5 year old 5Dm4? I’m not trying to get the DR issue going just wanted to know if there might be some improvement for wildlife dawn and dusk. If the MP go up with no loss of DR I suppose in a way that is an improvement.
  3. A

EF 400mm f/2.8L IS III and EF 600mm f/4L IS III developers talk about the new super telephoto lenses

There was a topic here where we discussed the MTF curves betweeen the series two and three 400 and 600. Without resurrecting that topic what was the final feeling of the issue of potential optical quality between the series? It looked to me that absent a different methodology the newer series...
  4. A

Review: Canon’s new super telephoto lens cases

The two things that I thought canon miffed on were not at least putting wheels and a handle on the hard case. The other is not making the lens mount handle arca Swiss compatible, thus reducing the need for a third party solution. The only time I’ve used hard cases was to ship lenses for...
  5. A

I Did It

Good for you, but what lens are you bringing? Does anyone rent equipment in these African counties? I’ve always wondered.
  6. A

Lexar announces the world’s first 1TB SD card

The write speed on other lexar 633x cards varies from 10MB/ Sec to 45 MB/ Sec, I prefer usb3 flash drives for off device storage esp the faster ones like the newer usb 3.1 ones which write at 150-380MB/ Sec. I have wondered why usb flash cards could not e used as on camera storage in place of...
  7. A

As many as 7 new RF lenses coming in 2019 [CR2]

Except in the case of mount conversions between EF and R it’s not just about the mount it’s also about the optics. So I doubt you will see simple mount conversions, by canon for these systems.
  8. A

As many as 7 new RF lenses coming in 2019 [CR2]

This isn’t entirely true, an adapter without optics isn’t possible, but the optics may be tough to squeeze in, and may need to be lens specific. What we have not yet seen is third party lenses for R. And all the new ’Rs are looking like expensive,if good lenses.
  9. A

Patent: 500mm and 600mm diffractive optic lenses

I get that ML is the new platform, but EF lenses are so adaptable and the R are good only for the very short back focus. Is it just sour grapes that I want EF lenses or is canon pulling an FD to EF switch in a sort of non mandatory way. That switch gained autofocus, this one gets higher frame...
  10. A

EF Mount: Most verstatile mount?

Think he is talking generic EF lens, and I second his thought. Since the body of choice, Sony, canon R, whatever comes and goes obsolete every 4 years, then the lenses are where to build a base for photography. The short sensor to mount canon R distance is not going to allow easy adaption of...
  11. A

DPReview: Canon EOS R vs Nikon Z 6 vs Sony a7 III, which is best?

The first R is a better camera than dpr is giving credit for. Canon used the arguably best sensor in their line and good number of MPs. Cropping a 24 vs a 30 something image is major to me. Sure it lacks a few high end checks, but if one were buying lenses for future compatibility, rather...
  12. A

Spooky AC-130U gunships

Nice picture. Was this the plane nicknamed “Puff the magic dragon?”
  13. A

Cats!

These cat images are so good that just looking through them I’m getting itchy and sneezing.
  14. A

Canon EOS R body with more than 75mp on the horizon [CR2]

So off topic a little,... Two members one who wanted a 50mm lens and another whose title suggests that he studies brains have been missing post wise since mid September anyone know why? Picked this thread to ask as it is active.
  15. A

Canon EOS R body with more than 75mp on the horizon [CR2]

Yes you are right about diffraction limit f stops coming down, an upside of the R system though seems to be the ability to make larger aperture lenses. So maybe you lose two stops of smaller apertures but gain one stop of larger aperature’s. Granted fewer MP would boost the diffraction limit...
  16. A

Rare lens damaged in shipping, what would you do?

If it is aluminum fixing it might lead to cracks in the metal. If you’ve had a chance to test, Does this effect images in any way? I’d be tempted to use as is if you can get a discount. On your image the larger dent looks like it is associated with displacement of the black white material...
  17. A

Updated list of unreleased Canon gear

So does gps get tested by these agencies, or are these bodies lacking it? I know one can do without but I like having it, so if nothing else I know where I am.:unsure:
  18. A

Canon to use a Sony image sensor in an upcoming APS-C ILC body? [CR1]

Anyone know the ratio of APS C to full frame cameras for canon? I’d bet it’s 5-10 to one. That said I can’t see canon outsourcing its most common sensor, and if they do it seems only a matter of time before full frame follows the same course, as R and D and even manufacture has got to be...
  19. A

Buy 80d now or wait for 90d

Mt Spokane it sounds like you are falling in the “all in on mirrorless” camp, if you are expecting no more 80 D class slrs. That so? And what has happened to Neuro, he seems to have disappeared general question. As for the question,, I’d recommend hanging out at the refurb store to pick up an...