Search results

1. P

The TIPA and EISA Award Winners Have Been Announced

We have a Sony Nex-6, with more than 2 stops more DR than my Canon, and it really shows when editing. Unfortunately the ergonomics are poor, and as soon as I raise the ISO, my Canon is better. I do prefer Canon DSLR ergonomics. There will always be a compromise, the question is where they have...
  2. P

The TIPA and EISA Award Winners Have Been Announced

The 6DII is probably a great camera, in its own right. A good tool that is a joy to use. Canons usually are. Where I think Canon went a bit wrong was with the original 6D, giving it better IQ than its bigger brother, the 5D mark III. Now though, they have placed it where it belongs in their...
  3. P

Will it be worth waiting for?

Why so rude? It could be that I live in a different part of the world making me wanna sleep when others are awake.. :) I don’t think Canon will put in unlimited buffer, like the D500 (with a proper card). I do think it will have 4K with decent codec and bit rate, but nothing over the top, so it...
  4. P

I am quite sure that every feature Canon decides to add to the 7DIII will be very functional and working properly. Canon is very good at this. With all in I mean something like Sony did with the A7III. Going head to head with the 6DII, but feature wise it is more of a competition to the 5DIV. At...
  5. P

Well, you may dismiss it, but it is still what I think will happen. It does not mean it will be worse than the D500, just a tad better (in a few key areas) to make it the better choice. I don't think they will go all in, but do just enough to beat the competition, as stated in my earlier post...
  6. P

Canon will do what Canon does, very well... they will make a camera that ticks the least amount of boxes to out sell the competition. They don’t care about specs, but sales. The Sony A7iii made everybody go WOW from the spec sheet. Nikon D500 and D850 went all in, punching above their weight...
  7. P

Here's the Canon EOS 4000D, A New Entry Level DSLR

I think they had to use this sensor, otherwise it would have out performed the 6Dii low iso DR. Sad but true.
  8. P

What if... DPAF with optical VF

That is where I also was thinking the savings could be done, combine af and metering, thus give us the goodies from mirrorless with eye tracking AF etc. in the OVF. I also think you are right that the DPAF is not quite up to the speed dedicated PDAF sensors are working at, but we are getting there.
  9. P

And here is the idea, dslr form factor, with mirrorless autofocus, combined. Either the best of both worlds, or the worst... the compromise is we lose the strength from today’s AF modules, and gain the strengths from DPAF with a dslr style of operation. Also, DPAF is phase detection...
  10. P

There would be drawbacks, but the new Sensor with DPAF don’t have to be a FF sensor (1” perhaps), even if it sits in a FF camera. Also, price wise, there would be savings since they don’t have to use normal AF sensor or metering sensor. I just would love to se a Canon equivalent to the...
  11. P

Just a thought. What if Canon swapped their normal AF chip with a mirrorless sensor, even very low res to make it very accurate and sensitive, to implement dual pixel AF in a dslr. Wouldn’t we then get the benefit of DPAF and optical VF? They could have way better AF coverage, true eye AF etc...
  12. P

EOS 6D Mark II & New DSLR Body in 2017

Re: EOS 6D Mark II & New DSLR Body in 2017 That, or just a new nameplate. Made out of plastic instead of metal. Brand new :D
  13. P

Has the Sigma 85mm f/1.4 DG HSM Production Come to an End?

Hopefully the 85 art will be f1.4.
  14. P

Some Canon Mirrorless Talk [CR2]

I am wondering how they implement the FF mirrorless with the EF mount. One idea is, instead of having an adapter letting you use EF lenses, it could be in reverse. The adapter would be a part of the camera, fully implemented, so the mirrorless camera would have an EF mount. However, once the...
  15. P

Prosumer Level Canon Mirrorless Camera to Have 4K [CR2]

This is great news! Looking forward to the FF mirrorless from Canon.
  16. P

Canon Announces the EOS Rebel T6 (1300D)

Canon will probably sell these by the thousands. Credits to them for making money. It just struck me, it seems like a good camera to use all the spare parts from former rebels. No need to waste good parts! Add WiFi and NFC, and voila! This is a t2i (great camera!) with a DIGIC4+ (instead of...
  17. P

Canon to Announce a Rebel 1300D Shortly

I was not all clear here, but spec wise Nikon is giving canon a run for their money, and that was what I meant. Sorry.
  18. P

This is true
  19. P

Was that necessary? What do you know about how I feel? It used to be a two horse race, Nikon and Canon. Now there are a lot more contenders, most in a market Canon is not really trying to contend in, mirrorless. Of course times are changing, Samsung is out, Sony is extremely agressive...
  20. P

Is not that one of the attractions of discussing on a rumor site? We can spend Canons resources without consequence, telling them where they failed? Canon has taken a lot of heat over the last few years on this forum. There was a rumor not too long ago that Canon was tired of playing catch up...