Search results

1. P

What if... DPAF with optical VF

Just a thought. What if Canon swapped their normal AF chip with a mirrorless sensor, even very low res to make it very accurate and sensitive, to implement dual pixel AF in a dslr. Wouldn’t we then get the benefit of DPAF and optical VF? They could have way better AF coverage, true eye AF etc...
  2. P

AF Wishes - The future :)

What are your wishes for AF from Canon in the future? I am thinking of mainly lower end cameras, 80D, 6D mark II etc., those cameras without a million AF points. My dSLR has 9 AF points, one x-type. Not revolutionary! The non-cross type points are not very good, and I want them to be x-type and...
  3. P

Should Canon buy Samsung sensor-tech?

There was a rumor saying that Canon was testing sensors from other companies. Now that Samsung is going, could Canon buy Samsung sensor tech, or rights to their patents? Perhaps even their fabrication facilities? Just a thought...
  4. P

Built in adapter?

If/when canon brings out a FF mirrorless, would it be possible to have a built in adapter for EF lenses? Compact cameras have "telescope" lenses that collapse into the camera when turned off, would this technology be possible to implement in a mirrorless camera? Would be great if we could mount...
  5. P

popup-flash - made a "pro feature"?

We have all seen the discussions, about why popup-flash is left out on the pro bodies from Canon. Those in favour of leaving it out says it is because it can break, and it is not a "pro feature". Those in favour of a popup-flash on the other hand just say, if you dont like it, dont use it, but...
  6. P

Sony A7s - impressive iso 409.600 demonstration

http://youtu.be/XgbUgNiHfXM Not bad!
  7. P

Advatages of a hybrid viewfinder?

The rumored hybrid viewfinder Canon may be working on, what advantages will it bring? The reason I ask is because I was just reviewing the AF on my wife's nex-6 with face detection. Every time it nails focus on the eyes of the subject, something that is very difficult with my 550D. Can face...
  8. P

Canon naming policy

I was just wondering if the new 7DII would get another name than 7D mark II, as I was trying to understand Canon naming policy. We have the four digit cameras (1100D) which are really basic dSLRs. APS-C Then there is the three digit cameras (600D), entry level cameras. APS-C Two digit cameras...
  9. P

Where are Canons innovation?

I was just wondering about where Canons innovation has gone? Sure, they put a touch screen on a dslr, but that is not really innovative. We´ve had this on smart phones for a long time (yes, they are caneras as well), but that is about it. WiFi? They have offered WiFi for a long time as well, but...
  10. P

Any news on the SL1 sensor?

The rumors says the 70D and the SL1 are going to have the same sensor, I´m quite interested in how the sensor performs. The SL1 is already out there, but I have yet to find any sensor/camera reviews testing for high ISO, DR etc. Anyone knows?
  11. P

The Camera Store TV t5i Hands On

Canon Rebel T5i (700d) Hands-On Enjoy! ;D ;D
  12. P

DigitalRevTV: Canon 6D vs Nikon D600

Canon 6D vs Nikon D600 Quite interesting comparison. The high ISO performance of the 6D is fantastic!
  13. P

Beautiful sunsets

A few sunsets from last year. Please add more!
  14. P

1DX image gallery

On the gallery section, is it an idea to have a 1DX gallery, like there are a 5d3 gallery?
  15. P

Any experts on printing?

Hi there! I have a Canon MG8150 printer (about 10 months old now), and so far it has done very well as our all-round workhorse. Document printing and photos. A few days ago I bought a nw set of ink and some photo paper (Canon Photo Paper Pro II PR-201) but it keeps printing with error. Clipped...