Search results

1. fotografiasi

New Unique Macro Coming? [CR1]

a tilt and shift macro L lens would be great
  2. fotografiasi

Please share your own photo web site with us

here's my main web presence: website: www.fotografiasi.ro blog: www.fotografiasi.ro/blog facebook: www.facebook.com/fotograf.nunta.iasi enjoy :) and let me know how I could improve it
  3. fotografiasi

When to use a 35mm and 50mm on full frame...

because I could not afford the 35 1.4 I ended using a combo of 28 1.8 with 85 1.8 in a 5D mk III. When needed I also use a 70-200 2.8 IS II. I do not like any of the Canon's 50's. From my perspective they all have problems and going with the 28 and 85 seems much better
  4. fotografiasi

Where you keep your wedding gear?

I have everything except the stand, tripod, softbox and umbrella in a LowePro Flipside 500 AW. My assistant caries the rucksack everywhere we go, except when we are traveling with the car.
  5. fotografiasi

Lens Help..EF 28mm f1.8 any good?

I use the 28 1.8 together with 85 1.8 and 70-200 2.8 is II on a 5D3 for weddings. I could not afford the 35 and the new 28 and 35 were not released yet. I do not like the 50 1.4 and it's semi-usm. I needed something wide and this is what fit the bill. Now that I used the 28 1.8 for some time...
  6. fotografiasi

Review - Canon EF 70-200 f/2.8L IS II

I use this lens on a 5d3 and on a 50D, usually for weddings. I need it in bigger churches to catch family expression. At the reception (then I am also a bit more tired) I put it on a monopod. I am really happy with it to for dancing (if I am far enough people do not observe me and they feel much...
  7. fotografiasi

Lightroom 4.1 Running SLOW!

you would be much better with the search function in Bridge
  8. fotografiasi

Lightroom 4.1 Running SLOW!

I read the adobe forums and did those things. they fix different problems that might occur. But what really helped me the most was: [list type=decimal] for every job I have a different catalog (800 - 2000 photos) each time I open a catalog, in Library module, File -> Optimize Catalog in the...
  9. fotografiasi

Lens case for 70-200 f/2.8 II

I use the Lowepro S&F Lens Exchange Case 200AW in conjunction with a 28 1.8 or a 17-55 2.8 IS. I am happy with the purchase except the zipper that seems to work in a 2 step process to unzip it all the way down. I am not using the original because I can not fix it to the Tamrac Pro Digital Zoom...
  10. fotografiasi

I love Primes.

I use the Canon 28 1.8 and 85 1.8 on Canon 5D III and I am very happy with the result. Previously I used Canon 50D with Canon 17-55 2.8 IS USM and like the results from 3.5 up. Now I happy with the result of those primes from 2.2 up. Besides that I use the canon 70-200 2.8 is ii. I shoot mostly...
  11. fotografiasi

Sigma 30mm f/1.4 or Canon 35mm f/2?

I was in the same dilemma and ended up with the Canon EF 28 1.8 and I not unhappy at all, rather the contrary
  12. fotografiasi

5D3 Shipment in Europe?!?!

do you know any place in Belgium that has the 5d3 body only?
  13. fotografiasi

5D3 Dynamic Range

what debanding plugin did you use?
  14. fotografiasi

Canon 85L vs. 135 L in terms of focal length

if you are interested I can show you 2 photos taken in identical situations with a 85 1.8 (at f/4) and 135 2.0 (at f/4.5). From my perspective both lenses are great. Except what the others said, the 135L would be faster focusing than the 85L. As for compressing the difference is minimal
  15. fotografiasi

Pricing of the New Lenses

all 3 lenses are too expensive, much too expensive. I am very dissapointed
  16. fotografiasi

70-200 f/2.8L IS II vs f/4L IS

Crapking's idea is really good I own the 70-200 2.8 is ii and i use it on a 50D. I also tried the 70-200 4 is that a friend owns. Now what you choose depends entirely on you, where you want to use the lens and why. Of course the 2.8 is ii is better but also more expensive, heavy and large. The...
  17. fotografiasi

The New EOS [CR3]

I am :o and to much ::) expecting the new release from Canon. I thought that the eos-1v is what they jsut released :D
  18. fotografiasi

The New EOS [CR3]

this eos-1V is a weird camera. It has 45 AF point from which only 7 are cross type. The 7 are arranged in in center from top to bottom so it does not seem a great improvement from the 5D mk ii. It would have been good to have the cross type point arranged in cross, so at least 2 to be available...
  19. fotografiasi

After-market Focusing Screens

please let us know what you bought and how does it work out for you
  20. fotografiasi

Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM

Re: Canon 85mm f/1.8 great lens indeed and not that pricey. A photo from my first wedding of this year that I took using my old trusty 85 1.8...