Search results

1. W

Save those pennies! A Canon EF 1200mm f/5.6L USM is coming up for auction

If I thought for one minute you actually thought that, I'd tell you I have a potatocam I could sell you at a good price!
  2. W

Save those pennies! A Canon EF 1200mm f/5.6L USM is coming up for auction

This lens is merely a curiosity, a museum piece. Like the EF 200 f/1.8 or the EF 50 f/1.0, there are superior alternatives to owning a lens merely for bragging rights. No one will be buying this because it out performs an EF600 f/4.0 L IS III and a 2X III. It doesn't.
  3. W

Gear of Yesteryear: DPReviewTV reviews the Canon EF 200mm f/1.8L USM

Good luck getting repair parts for it, if you can even find someone who will work on it. I loved my pristine late-year copy, but sold it to fund a 600 f/4. It was awfully front-heavy, I understand the newish 200/f2 is much better in that regard.
  4. W

Here is the Canon EOS R5 and Canon EOS R6, along with the announcement date

September! Guess I will keep on buying stocks until then!
  5. W

The Canon EOS R5 likely won’t be announced next week

If this is delaying introduction solely for marketing reasons, then I would expect a massive inventory build to be in place by the time it is announced. I really don't want to wait once I've placed my order this time. Not to mention, I'd frankly be happier if announcement and shipping were hand...
  6. W

Canon releases an EOS RP w/RF 24-105mm f/4-7.1 IS STM kit

What is the suitability of this combo for video production in a low-cost entry level scenario?
  7. W

There are delays in production for both the Canon EOS R5 and Canon EOS R6

MBA from Stanford, that's pretty good. Before that, he got his BSc and MSc in Industrial Engineering. Take that, and the incredibly detailed and on point article he wrote extrapolating from reasonable data. To me the article made it's arguments and addressed the shortcomings inherent in derived...
  8. W

There are delays in production for both the Canon EOS R5 and Canon EOS R6

This seems a pretty definitive article on Covid-19 infection/death rates https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coronavirus-act-today-or-people-will-die-f4d3d9cd99ca
  9. W

Is a 150mp Canon EOS R camera on the way? [CR1]

8x10 sheet film
  10. W

This is what I had in mind, although I limited my comment to the hand-held aspect of 35mm format. This sensor could be good in the studio, but anything that moves (and that includes landscape!) would require very high shutter speed.
  11. W

Not a practical resolution in a hand held 35mm format body. The technique demanded to get the most of that pixel size, as anyone knows who has shot with a 5DS/DSr...
  12. W

Here are the buttons illuminating on the Canon EOS-1D X Mark III

It's almost as if Canon wanted to discourage Prosumers from buying this camera. I hope they do have a Pro body R close by in the wings. After the shutter-spatter issues with the 1DXII, I think deep pocket Prosumers would look closely before leaping this time.
  13. W

Canon EOS-1D X Mark III appears on latest product list

Going forward, I wouldn't buy anything EF mount. When they bring the Pro body RF mount out, I expect they will announce RF Supertelephoto lenses to pair with it. DO tech? Maybe, maybe not.
  14. W

Is there still hope that we see in-body stabilization in the Canon EOS-1D X Mark III?

Pretty sure my next body is gonna be a Pro RF. This raises a mild interest for EF again.
  15. W

Profoto announces the Profoto A1X, an On/Off-Camera Flash with Built-in AirTTL Remote

Work all the weekends you want, you're still paying $500 just for bragging rights. Plenty of top line flashes that do the same thing for half the cost. So, one flash plus a backup, or a very nice label.
  16. W

Profoto announces the Profoto A1X, an On/Off-Camera Flash with Built-in AirTTL Remote

$1100, right about where I expected. Ridiculous.
  17. W

Canon officially announces the RF 85mm f/1.2L USM

Came here to say this!
  18. W

Adobe testing a new price point for the Creative Cloud Photography Plan

Marketing trick. Float an unreasonable price, then actual price ( I'm betting it will go to $14.99) seems palatable.