Search results

1. rhysb123

Sensor Cleaning - DIY Method

Hi, I've just picked up an 'old' 1D mk ii N (for a very good price), it's great, but the sensor needs a clean. Q - the best DIY kits?? I've looked on Amazon.co.uk but I'm overwhelmed with the choice! Any advice? Cheers Rhys
  2. rhysb123

A cheap 10D - ??

Hello, I have the chance to purchase a 10D plus original grip for £50. I'm after a 'knock about' camera, something that hasn't cost me thousands of pounds to buy or replace. I won't use it for anything serious, simple stuff like in the park, out with the kids etc. The question - what are...
  3. rhysb123

Canon 5D mk2 Firmware

Hi, A quick Q, please excuse my naivete on this one... ... my 5D mk2 has Firmware 1.1.0, checking the Canon website there is a current version of 2.1.2 Do I update? Can I just jump from 1.1.0 to 2.1.2? How to I actually do the update? (Download onto CF and install from there?). Please...
  4. rhysb123

Sigma 35mm 1.4 - Great on 5dmk2 but not 6D - Normal?

Hi, I got the Sigma 35mm f/1.4 last week, tested it on my 6D... hmmm, really front focuses, using micro adjustment has more or less sorted it out. But, when I tried it on my 5Dmk2... spot on! No micro adjustment needed! Is this normal? Can a lens front focus on one camera body but not on...
  5. rhysb123

It's all gone a bit dry...

Hi, For a while after and during summer I had plenty of enquiries for weddings in 2015 and 2016. But now everything seems to be 'dry', I know that the (main) wedding season has finished (more or less). I'm getting no emails, no calls, no responses to my follow-ups... is it just me?? (I'm in...
  6. rhysb123

Canon branded T-shirts?

Hi, Does anyone know where I could purchase Canon branded T-shirts in the UK? (Or Europe). Thanks R
  7. rhysb123

Change Canon 17-40mm f4 L for Sigma 35mm f1.4??

Hello, Here's the situation: I shot a mix of things, weddings (and portraits), documentary and street. I currently have a 17-40L that I use 'sometimes' but rarely, I love my primes - 40mm, 50mm and 85mm and when at weddings I hardly ever have the 70-200mm off one of my bodies (I shoot FF btw)...
  8. rhysb123

5D for a 1DS mk2 ??

Hi, I have a 5 D 'classic' that I use as a second body (to a 5D mk2). I have the chance to basically swap the 5D 'classic' for a 1DS mk2. Should I do it? Dilemma. Anyone got some good pros and cons ? Thanks for your time Rhys.
  9. rhysb123

New Sigma Lenses - Shipping Availability

Hi, I keep searching and searching but I cannot find the answer! Does anyone know (or have a guess) when the new Sigma lenses will be available (in the UK)? It's the 35mm that I'm interested in more than anything. Cheers Rhys
  10. rhysb123

7D Firmware?

Hello! Back in June a 7D firmware was declared to be in the pipeline with an August release: http://www.canon-europe.com/About_Us/Press_Centre/Press_Releases/Consumer_News/Cameras_Accessories/Canon_adds_a_range_of_new_features_to_the_EOS_7D.aspx Well, it's August. Anyone heard anything...
  11. rhysb123

Lenses - All Change!

Hello! Current lens line up - 17-40mm L f/4, 40mm f/2.8, 50mm f/1.4, 85mm f/1.8, 70-200 L f/2.8 Bodies - 5D & 7D I'm really not liking the 85mm f/1.8 - I find it too unpredictable and unreliable (especially on the 7D as a 135mm equiv.) I'd love to get the 135mm f/2 L. Here's the plan...
  12. rhysb123

40mm Pancake Killed the 50mm??

Hi, I've had my 40mm f2.8 STM Pancake for a few weeks now. It's barely left my camera. I love it. I'm seriously wondering if I'll ever use my 50mm f1.4 again - ? OK, the 50mm is faster but I reckon the IQ from the 40mm is better. Plus, there's something about the 40mm that just 'works' for...
  13. rhysb123

40mm f2.8 STM - Lens Hood?

Hi, There is mention of a ES-52 hood for the new 40mm pancake - nothing fits that description here in the UK. Would a third party (or even a Canon) 52mm filter thread hood fit the bill? Cheers Rhys