Search results

1. Jesse

Canon EOS 3 autofocus issue with modern lenses

I've tried two EOS 3 35mm film camera bodies now and they both have the same autofocus issue. At a certain point, once wide enough, they begin to back-focus, up to infinite, which becomes totally unusable. The lenses I've been using are the Canon 35L II, 24-70L II, Sigma 50 Art. It focuses fine...
  2. Jesse

85L - UV filter vs. Clear filter

Need a protective filter, should I got with a UV or just a clear filter? For the 85L
  3. Jesse

5Ds + 85L

Blue Morpho by Jesse Herzog, on Flickr
  4. Jesse

Sigma 50mm - I did it!

Managed to get the sigma dock to work for this lens, finally. This is bang in focus, AMIRITE https://www.flickr.com/photos/jesseherzog/16007777194/
  5. Jesse

5Ds or 5DsR

Which one is everyone getting and why? If you shoot video is it a terrible idea to get the SR because of moire?
  6. Jesse

Microadjusting a lens - quick question

If the lens is back focusing (ie. focusing behind the focus point), do you want to move the adjustment + or - ?
  7. Jesse

Sigma dock (for 50mm)

Alright, so I bought the dock. Now someone tell me what to do! Stupid question but of course there's no answer anywhere: if the lens is backfocusing (i.e. focusing behind the focus point), do I go + or - ? Also are all versions from the same year different? If not, is there one way to do it...
  8. Jesse

45mm vs. 90mm tilt-shift

So I've finally given up waiting for the new L tilt-shifts and have decided to grab either the current 45mm or 90mm. Right now I'm thinking I'm gonna go with the 90mm because I want it more for portraits, but the 45mm is still calling my name as I see it as a more versatile lens. Thoughts?
  9. Jesse

50mm f/1.4 Canon vs. Sigma

I currently have the Canon version and while sometimes it takes amazing images, a lot of the time I find it's super soft or just misses focus. I also own the 85mm f/1.8, which I find to be much sharper and hits focus a lot more often, so it's not me having a focus issue. My question is, would...
  10. Jesse

price chart

Can someone post a link to Canon lens price charts please? i.e. a graph that shows the price fluctuations of each lens throughout the years. (Can't find it anywhere.) thanks.
  11. Jesse

5D3 stills in video mode - cropped

When I shoot RAW stills in the middle of recording a video, it takes a full image, which I can view in RAW on my computer, but when I bring it into Lightroom or Camera Raw, it automatically gets cropped. Anyone know how I can import these images without having them cropped??
  12. Jesse

Canon IS primes sale price?

Anyone remember the price for the IS primes (24, 28, 35) earlier this year when they were on sale? Thinking about buying the 35 (mostly for video) soon and wondering if there's a chance of it having a good price for the holidays.
  13. Jesse

24 TS-E Problem

Just rented a copy of the version 2 and for some reason it's only opening to f/4, as opposed to f/3.5. Tried on a couple cameras. Anyone ever had this happen??
  14. Jesse

Accidental L Series Ad

Shot with the Canon 100 f/2.8L IS L Series by Jesse Herzog, on Flickr
  15. Jesse

PocketWizard Noob

Do I need one transmitter and then a separate transceiver for each off-camera flash?
  16. Jesse

Knockoff Speedlights

Anyone use Yongnuo speelights for Canon? http://www.amazon.com/Yongnuo-YN-560-Speedlight-Flash-Nikon/dp/B0079M711S/ref=pd_luc_sim_02_02_t_lh?ie=UTF8&psc=1 They're like $500 cheaper than Canon speedlights. Worth it? I'd use them as off-camera flashes. Do they work with wireless triggers like...
  17. Jesse

5D3 - focus rectangle

How do you remove the focus rectangle in video mode? It's always there, even when I'm recording.
  18. Jesse

jpg vs. RAW...

For timelapses. Discuss. Does it depend on how far apart your intervals are so the camera has enough buffer time, etc?
  19. Jesse

Next Lens - Help

So my current lenses are 8-15 f/4 L, 24-70 f/2.8 II L, 50 f/1.4, 70-200 f/4 IS L, 100 f/2.8 L, with a 5D3. I'm trying to decided between the 85L and the 24 TS-E for my next lens, which is a night and day decision. It will probably be my last (expensive) lens for a while. I shoot basically...
  20. Jesse

Filters for 24-70 II

What are your guys' views on protective filters? Haven't used them before, but the front element is huge on this thing, plus it's the most expensive lens I've got, so I'm a bit worried. Anyone going no filter for this thing? Also, what's a good ND filter to get for it? Looking for a 0.9 or 1.2...