Search results

1. P

Canon officially announces the EOS 90D and EOS M6 Mark II

I think that those of you suggesting that 7DII users want a 7DIII at the $1200 price point are simply wrong. I would pay substantially more than $1200 for a real 7DIII, with two card slots, improved FPS, dual processors, 65+ AF points, etc. The 90D is going to have to have amazing IQ and AF...
  2. P

Here are some images and pricing for the Canon EOS 90D

This. And only this.
  3. P

Adobe updates Lightroom Classic, adds a new texture slider and new Canon camera & lens support

This warning only applies to the subscription CC version. The perpetual Creative Suite and other stand-alone licenses are, as Victoria says, are not affected. You can use PS 6 until you die!
  4. P

Skylum Software announces Luminar 3 with Libraries, coming December 18, preorder now

With 90,000 images in my LR library, a new DAM system is going to have to do my laundry and make me breakfast in bed before I seriously consider the task of moving to something else. This certainly isn't it. I can access Luminar from within LR and PS if I decide the tools are better.
  5. P

Market Map of the Digital Photography Industry

It's there now. Did someone add it?
  6. P

Market Map of the Digital Photography Industry

What a joke. A list of Raw processors without Adobe Camera Raw? As a road map, this is more like a malfunctioning GPS.
  7. P

Tamron Announces the 100-400mm f/4.5-6.3 Di VC USD, Available November 16

Re: Tamron Announces the 100-400mm f/5-6.3 Di VC USD, Available November 16 IIRC, a tripod mount is not even an option with the Sigma 100-400. Better to have it as an option than for it not even being a possibility.
  8. P

Tamron Announces the Development of the 100-400mm F/4.5-6.3 Di VC USD

Just like Sigma did with the 150-600!
  9. P

Review: Tamron 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5 Di II VC HLD by TDP

I'm not sure what review you read. In comparing the Tamron to the EF-S 10-18, the conclusion was that the Canon had a narrower aperture, more vignetting, and was less well-built. In comparison with the EF-S 10-22, the Canon was found to have "modestly" better IQ at wide apertures and less...
  10. P

Deal: Tamron SP 150-600mm F/5-6.3 Di VC USD G2 $1099 (Reg $1399)

The photo here is the 70-200 G2. ;) The last time they did this the $1099 price included the Tap-in console, but this is still a good deal for a copy with the 6-year warranty.
  11. P

Canon Working on New Lens Technology

"A new type of photo." Hmm. I can see a lens making it possible to take better photos, or photos with less of this or that artifact, but a new type of photo? With the same sensors that we are using with our current lenses? My hyperbole alarm is going off.
  12. P

Tamron Announces the 10-24mm F/3.5-4.5 Di II VC HLD

Coma is what I am interested in also. I have the aging EF-S 10-22, and while I generally like it, the coma distortion is very troublesome. I look forward to your review.
  13. P

UPDATED: More Tamron 70-200mm f/2.8 VC G2 & 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5 VC Information

Re: More Tamron 70-200mm f/2.8 VC G2 & 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5 VC Information I will be very interested in how this lens (10-24) performs. I have the EF-S 10-22, and while it is nice with landscapes, it has terrible coma distortion when taking night sky pics.
  14. P

New Tamron SP 70-200mm f/2.8 Di VC USD G2 Lens Coming Soon

I have the Tamron 70-200, and purchased it on the strength of very positive reviews and a very low price compared to the Canon. This is an excellent lens. I cannot say that it is as good, better, or worse than the Canon, but as a hobbyist with finite funds, it performs beyond expectations...
  15. P

Stock Notice: Sigma 500mm f/4 DG OS HSM Sport at B&H Photo

Re: Stock Notice: Sigma 500mm f/4 DG OS HSM Sport at B&H Photo Except that the B&H site says that they are not yet in stock.
  16. P

Review: Tamron SP 150-600mm f/5-6.3 VC G2

The TDP review has me scratching my head. My G1 copy of this lens does much better than what they show there. That much CA in the center of the frame at f/8 suggests that they had a very bad copy of the lens, or something else was affecting the tests. More likely the former. There are some...
  17. P

Reikan FoCal 2.3 Released, Adds EOS 5D Mark IV Support

Has anyone tried the TurboCal option, and compared it to the "automatic" process? TurboCal seems to use the focus confirmation, like Dot Tune, but it does everything automatically. No exposures are taken, like Dot Tune. I was wondering how well it works, but have not found much information...
  18. P

Review - Tamron 85mm f/1.8 Di VC USD

I sent my 150-600 in for the firmware upgrade some time ago. It worked fine for me, and made me feel much better about choosing the Tamron rather than waiting for the Sigma 150-600 C, especially after reading Dustin's reports about the focusing issues he had with the Sigma. My advice is to...
  19. P

Canon to Release Super Telephoto Zoom in 2016 [CR2]

In that case, by purchasing a Tamron or Sigma at what would probably be half the price.
  20. P

Preorder: Tamron SP 85mm f/1.8 Di VC USD

Seriously. Tamron showed what it can do with the 70-200 f/2.8 VC several years ago. It has produced very good zoom lenses at great prices, and I am eager to see how these new primes stack up. I suspect that they will be worth every penny.