Search results

1. S

why there are no new L primes

Hi i'm considering to buy some new fast prime lenses for my 5D III However Canon has left behind their L primes update, since there is no new 35L 50L 85L 135L replacements, and the 24L II isn't quite the sharpest lens wide open. It seems Canon drop the weight on 24-70 2.8 II and 70-200 2.8 IS...
  2. S

eye focusing with 5D3

Hi again, i'm playing a bit with an 85mm f/1.8 at 1.8 I'm having a 5D3 and i use this kind of setup for head portraits. so here are my worries: There are two choices: spot AF and point AF so let me see if i get it straight: The spot AF is used for tiny subjects like eye lashes and it can be...
  3. S

85mm

Hello :) Here are my worries: The 85L is adorable but i'd have to sell my kidney to buy it :D so i'm stuck between the EF 85 1.8 and the Sigma 85 1.4 I have a 5D3 i've tested the 1.8, i had absolutely no problem in focusing at 1.8. The sharpness was ok and with a little help in post...
  4. S

the future of 1.2 L lenses ?

hi all I've purchased 5D3 over the 6D, and the main reason was the accurate AF with fast lenses. I've worked several crop bodies in the past but the FF world plus the accurate AF system delivers something way beyond and solves many many problems such as DOF and focus accuracy. With that said...
  5. S

5d3 + flash 580 ex behavior

Hi all i just bought 5D mark 3, after playing with it a bit, i was satisfied enough BUT here is the snag i hit which is major. Does anybody of you guys work with a speedlight flash? because the flash changes EVERYTHING. lets be more specific. AV program (without flash in the camera) f/2.8...
  6. S

5D2 / 5D3 / 6D Which one do you use for weddings ?

Hi, i'm making a beginning to the wedding industry on my own. I've been quite experienced with the 5D and 5D2 and a bunch of crop bodies. The one i love in FF is the adorable DOF they create which is the best way to isolate your subject in front of the chaotic background. I'll keep my crop...
  7. S

600D lag with 580 EX II af assist

Hi there. i don't know if you've noticed this: i have an 600D and 580 EX II whenever i want to use the af assist (red beam of the flash) it focuses way slower rather than my old 350D and 450D which focused instantly with the beam in low light situations. Tested in the same room, same lens...