Search results

1. Y

Time for a playful topic! What's in your two lens bag?

Crop body bag: 100mm f/2.8L IS macro and 10-22mm Full frame bag: 100mm f/2.8L IS and 24-70 f/4L IS If I know I’m going to shoot people, then I replace the macro with a 50 f/1.8 STM.
  2. Y

Adobe Achieves Record Revenue, Celebrates With Price Increases

I switched to Affinity and never looked back.
  3. Y

Looking for upgrade recommendations from T6s

You forgot to mention ergonomics too, it's usually better on DSLRs.
  4. Y

Looking for upgrade recommendations from T6s

The best camera is the one that you have in your hands. I upgraded from a 60D (which was still serving me well) to a 6D Mk2 and am really happy with it. If you want image quality samples, I've uploaded some photos I took with my 6D2 here for you to evaluate...
  5. Y

Flower macros

EOS 6D Mark II with a 100mm f/2.8L IS USM macro
  6. Y

Tamron 70-300mm Di VC USD SP

I'd say that this lens has been pretty good to me so far.
  7. Y

First 6DMKII photoshoot (WEDDING P3, DEER P6)

Sorry for reviving an old thread, but I do agree that the lack of DR on the 6D Mk2 has been overhyped. I've a 6D2 myself (upgraded from 60D) and it has performed very well for me. Here's some shots I took. No post processing was done. Birds were taken with a Tamron 70-300 VC USD, the...
  8. Y

Article: Canon's 4000D and the Race to the Bottom

Except that the EOS 550D was on the upper end of the entry level Canon DSLR range during its time back in 2010. Back in 2010, the EOS 1000D was the runt of the entry level range and the EOS 550D was at the top of the entry level range. Today, the EOS 4000D has taken the spot of the EOS 1000D...
  9. Y

Article: Canon's 4000D and the Race to the Bottom

This is wrong on so many levels. You could give a EOS 1Dx Mark II to a kid who's never touched a camera before, and I guarantee you the results would end up being worse than some of the stuff I shoot with just an iPhone. A Nokia N95 back in 2007 (when I was just 12) got me started into...
  10. Y

Does anyone still love their old gear?

I agree that the 6D Mark I's focus system is terrible, but if one knows how to focus and recompose, it's actually quite a good camera. I don't see how it's not sharp, it's probably just your lens or the focus system hampering you. The food picture here's was shot by my sister on her 6D Mark I...
  11. Y

Images and Specifications for the Canon EOS 2000D/EOS Rebel T7

Then can you try dismantling that image on 500px as to why that person could shoot so much sharper, on a similar lens? Granted, it's a 100-400, but shot at 400/5.6 and should be slightly worse given that it's not a prime. Focus mate, focus. On your camera, you really should just use AI Servo...
  12. Y

Show your Bird Portraits

Thank you :)
  13. Y

Show your Bird Portraits

Shot in Malaysia, EOS 6D Mark II with a Tamron 70-300 VC USD
  14. Y

Lemme just put it this way. See the peacock here? That was with an 18MP EOS 60D (9-point AF, all cross type). And it's nowhere sharp. Simply because it was out of focus (and the lens didn't help either, it was a crappy Tamron 18-270mm first-generation, shot at 77mm). That bird with the...
  15. Y

Show your Bird Portraits

EOS 60D, 100mm f/2.8L IS macro. Shot in Christchurch, NZ.
  16. Y

*facepalm* Resolution and lens isn't the limiting factor here. 12MP is more than enough, and the 400mm f/5.6L is far better than any lens than I currently have. It's your focusing skills and/or AF performance getting in the way. This here was shot using the center AF point, AI servo using...
  17. Y

Does anyone still love their old gear?

I've kept every single one of mine, starting with a EOS 500D, then upgrading to two 60Ds (bought the second one when the first one was in the service center for some repairs) before buying a 6D Mark II 7 years later. The 500D works great for close ups and food photography, but for other...
  18. Y

Show your Bird Portraits

Tamron 70-300 VC USD and 6D Mark II. Shot in Malaysia.
  19. Y

IMO these aren't sharp by a long shot. They're pretty soft. The shots here are non-L as well (Tamron 70-300 VC USD, 6D Mark II). Mine aren't all that sharp either, but they aren't soft to the point that it looks OOF or fuzzy. Yes, it's possible to get sharp images using non-L, but just not...
  20. Y

Natural Progression of Camera Bodies. Type Your story below.

13 years old (2008): Ventured into photography with a Nokia N96. 15 years old (2010): Got my first camera, a EOS 500D with 18-55mm. 3 months later: Bought a Tamron 18-270mm, been using it ever since. September 2010: Relegated 500D to backup, got a 60D because the 500D was too limiting. 2011...