Search results

1. C

Where is the Canon EOS 6D Mark II?

Anyone have a reasonable estimate on how much the 6D will drop once the IIs are released?
  2. C

Price watch...best time to buy?

Hello everyone - is there any rhyme or reason to the best price for Canon bodies? I am looking at the 6D at $1269 which seems like a fine deal although historically I am the kind of guy who washes his vehicle the day before it rains. With the 6D II around the corner is there any reason to wait...
  3. C

Product photography recommendations

Some of the components would be able to fit into a one inch cube but most are maybe six to twelve inches long, and inch or so wide, and maybe one to three or four inches tall. The assemblies range from two to four feet long around a foot high, and maybe a few inches wide. Quite a bit of...
  4. C

Thank you and knowing that these is a chapter discussing lighting metal I will make sure and pay attention. I returned the umbrellas simply because I wanted some additional control over the lighting and when adding the black outer fabric and bouncing the light the numbers suggested I was losing...
  5. C

And thank you for your objective evaluation of what I am attempting and also your helpful suggestions. Yes, I agree with your 100% analogy and in general I have lived most of my life that way. While flying in the military we referred to it as compartmentalization - when we flew we locked...
  6. C

Thank you for your informative and detailed reply. In short, I fully agree with hiring a professional to do what they are best at while focusing my efforts, pun intended, on what I am best at. Unfortunately at this point I am not in a position to hire that level so I would be working with a...
  7. C

Products are precision mechanical components comprised of stainless steel, anodized aluminum and carbon fiber. Most of the anodized components are a silky black with a few small components anodized gold, red, blue, etc. After spending much time searching I just have not found a good example...
  8. C

After visiting the local bookstore and surfing the web I have not been able to find much information on product photography outside of lightboxes for eBay shoots, this is how I take great pictures with my DIY lighting, etc. My goal is to assemble my own studio for product photography of my own...
  9. C

Wedding expert suggestions desired...first time.

Thank you all so much for all the valuable information - it has really been helpful to check in, read replies to this post, and search for additional information. Here are my initial plans and please feel free to comment or suggest alternatives: Mode: Av Aperture: f/4.0-5.6 Auto ISO: 1600 or...
  10. C

Thanks so far for the informative replies - I am reading the entire "Emergency wedding, of sorts" right now as suggested above. And yes I do agree that this is a high degree of responsibility but truthfully, the couple had never really budgeted for a photographer since having "quality" shots of...
  11. C

Hello folks - a local couple are going to be married and it was suggested that since they don't have enough money to hire a photographer I could shoot help them out. What I am asking for are some basic suggestions - maybe even a "how to shoot a wedding" for amateurs such as myself. The gear I...
  12. C

Migration from zooms to primes...your suggestions?

My question has to do with my desire to gradually convert my lenses from zooms to primes and more importantly, which primes should I plan to purchase? My current zooms are: 16-35mm f/2.8L II 24-70mm f/2.8L 70-200mm f/2.8L A quick look at the L primes include: 14mm f/2.8L II 24mm f/1.4L II...
  13. C

EF or EF-S for 7D/70D

When picking up my 7D I had a similar discussion with my father, a professional photographer by trade. As he put it, "the money is in the glass." He provided several examples of camera bodies coming and going but a good lens is a good lens. Spreading the difference in cost out over a few years...
  14. C

What's the best deal you've ever gotten on a lens?

Purchased all of my L lenses on during rebates and saved a few bucks on each of them. Best deals ever on lenses were this past Christmas when I purchased my young daughter the T3i kit with 18-55 for $599. While purchasing the kit through B&H I was able to add the following: EF-S 55-250mm...
  15. C

Post your HDR images:

Here is my first attempt at HDR. Shot with a 7D using a 16-35mm. Images were +3, 0, -3 and processed using DPP. Please share your constructive criticism and suggestions as I am really looking to learn more.
  16. C

Your "precious" lord of the red rings is?

My house can burn to the ground and all of my gear will be just fine - buy a nice safe and never worry again. http://www.libertysafe.com/ My father had a house fire and when we opened his safe everything was immaculate - papers, photos, electronic gear, etc.
  17. C

Canon Cannot Keep Screwing It's Customers Over

Thanks for the valid suggestion but the Euro has not been doing well either. Maybe this is more of a Western Civilization sort of thing :o http://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from=EUR&to=JPY&view=5Y
  18. C

Canon Cannot Keep Screwing It's Customers Over

Sorry if this has been addressed already but I just do not have the time to read through this entire post - has anyone considered the loss in value of the US dollar as compared to the Japanese Yen as part of the reason for the sharp upturn in Canon's pricing...
  19. C

Cyber Monday - Rebel T3i w/3 Lenses & Memory Card for $669 at B&H Photo

Re: Cyber Monday - Rebel T3i w/3 Lenses & Memory Card for $669 at B&H Photo Well, it appears as if the great deal is now over :-[ I just checked on B&H's site and two things have changed: 1 - only ONE lens can be added to the bundle 2 - the prices of both lenses have increased dramatically...
  20. C

6D or 5D Mk II

I guess I am stuck waiting for the 5D Mk IV since Canon did not include GPS with the unit. Seriously, we are in 2012 and GPS in a camera is treated as something special??? And I will not even begin to consider the 6D since it is an even number - I only like even numbers for my TV volume...