Search results

1. C

Price watch...best time to buy?

Hello everyone - is there any rhyme or reason to the best price for Canon bodies? I am looking at the 6D at $1269 which seems like a fine deal although historically I am the kind of guy who washes his vehicle the day before it rains. With the 6D II around the corner is there any reason to wait...
  2. C

Product photography recommendations

After visiting the local bookstore and surfing the web I have not been able to find much information on product photography outside of lightboxes for eBay shoots, this is how I take great pictures with my DIY lighting, etc. My goal is to assemble my own studio for product photography of my own...
  3. C

Wedding expert suggestions desired...first time.

Hello folks - a local couple are going to be married and it was suggested that since they don't have enough money to hire a photographer I could shoot help them out. What I am asking for are some basic suggestions - maybe even a "how to shoot a wedding" for amateurs such as myself. The gear I...
  4. C

Migration from zooms to primes...your suggestions?

My question has to do with my desire to gradually convert my lenses from zooms to primes and more importantly, which primes should I plan to purchase? My current zooms are: 16-35mm f/2.8L II 24-70mm f/2.8L 70-200mm f/2.8L A quick look at the L primes include: 14mm f/2.8L II 24mm f/1.4L II...
  5. C

2023: a look into Canon's flagship body

I am interested in hearing your ideas regarding the top of the line Canon body a decade from now. We have all been enjoying incremental changes since the flip from film to sensor and I am just wondering if there will be another leap forward in the next decade or not. Just what will the...
  6. C

EOS 7D Mark II

I am interested in hearing your opinion regarding the image sensor format on the EOS 7D Mark II. For fun we can compare the results to the actual release at some undetermined date in the future. I would be interested in how accurate our forum members are able to collectively predict future...