Search results

1. P

Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM

Treefolk by Philip DiResta, on Flickr
  2. P

Canon EF-S 24mm f/2.8 STM

Shot on a Fujifilm X-Pro2 with the Fringer EF-FX Pro adapter: X Painting by Philip DiResta, on Flickr Reading by Philip DiResta, on Flickr
  3. P

Vi & X by Philip DiResta, on Flickr
  4. P

Would it be a downgrade in features / results from a 5D IV to a 6D II?

All of these modern cameras are awesome. As long as it has the features YOU NEED to capture your vision you won’t be held back. I personally consider the back thumb stick a necessary feature. I’ve gone from a 7D to a 5DII to a 7DII to a 5DIV, and just can’t shoot without it.
  5. P

Lens decision: Canon 100mm 2.8 L or non L Macro vs Sigma 85mm 1.4 ex

And the 35mm f/2 IS & the old non-IS! (on a 7D & 7DII): Violet & Dolly by Philip DiResta, on Flickr Apple Picking by Philip DiResta, on Flickr Lex & Vi by Philip DiResta, on Flickr feet by Philip DiResta, on Flickr Puj Tub by Philip DiResta, on Flickr Lex 39 weeks by Philip DiResta...
  6. P

Here is the 100mm 2.8L / non-L (on a 7d): Notice they are all outdoors. Blue & Gold by Philip DiResta, on Flickr Sweet Face by Philip DiResta, on Flickr Snow Bunnies by Philip DiResta, on Flickr Violet by Philip DiResta, on Flickr
  7. P

My opinion is you will rarely use a 100mm f/2.8 Macro lens indoors on a crop sensor to photograph your baby. You'd shoot the hands and feet and some bubbles on the lips then be done with it. It's just too tight and slow. Focus will hunt indoors too. Once your baby is more mobile, it will...
  8. P

What to shoot at Disneyland that isn't a cliche'?

Shoot your wife ;)
  9. P

Canon 50 1.2 vs. 50 1.4?

The 50mm f/1.8 STM!
  10. P

Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM

Thanks! Here's another from over Christmas break: Dino Boy by Philip DiResta, on Flickr
  11. P

I pretty much sold all of my Canon lenses since getting this lens! Lex & Vi by Philip DiResta, on Flickr
  12. P

Ended: Save 15% on Refurbished Items from the Canon Store

Re: Black Friday: Save 15% on Refurbished Items from the Canon Store Yeah the 35mm f/2 deal is even better than the 15% off sale! I just bought it again cause the price was too good and I recently sold mine for 500. Love buying lenses (and bodies) during refurb sales!
  13. P

Backordered: Canon EOS 5D Mark IV w/BG-E20 Grip, Pixma Pro-100, Paper, SD Card, Battery $2849

Re: Hot Deal: Canon EOS 5D Mark IV w/BG-E20 Grip, Pixma Pro-100, Paper, SD Card, Battery $2849 I am sure they are fine “giving away” printers since they are useless without ink and paper.
  14. P

Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM

Wow I just noticed that the last post in this thread was made by me a little over a year ago of my son in the exact same location at this pic! X Fence by Philip DiResta, on Flickr
  15. P

Hot Deal: Save 15% off Refurbished Lenses & DSLRs at the Canon Store

Re: Hot Deal: Save 15% off Refurbished Lenses & DSLRs at the Canon Store Haha like a new car.
  16. P

5D mkIV Live View Touch AF not working

Anyone know why the live view touch AF doesn’t work when I have my camera set up as back button AF only? I normally disable AF on the shutter button. When I switch AF back to the shutter, the touch AF works again. This is kinda annoying!
  17. P

Re: Hot Deal: Save 15% off Refurbished Lenses & DSLRs at the Canon Store My 5Div came today with a shutter count of 64. Looks and smells new.
  18. P

Re: Hot Deal: Save 15% off Refurbished Lenses & DSLRs at the Canon Store A few days ago I received an email saying my "free gift" (the Mini 5Div collectible) had shipped, but not the camera. Then I checked my CC and saw it was never charged.... So I just called Canon and they gave me the...
  19. P

Nikon D850 vs 5D Mk4 RAW & JPEG ISO results through DPReview studio scene.

The Sigma Quattro H destroys any other camera on that test chart, and it’s not even close.... then you raise the ISO. Oh well. Would be an awesome “one trick pony” studio camera I guess.