Search results

1. D

Cosina officially announces the Voigtlander NOKTON RF 75mm f/1.5

I just asked a snarky question. Seemed funny to me. Good to see you triggered, though. Cheers.
  2. D

Cosina officially announces the Voigtlander NOKTON RF 75mm f/1.5

Voigtlander NOKTON? Seriously? Who comes up with these names?
  3. D

Canon is actively conducting market research on a “retro” style camera body

Great, I'll finally have a use for those FD lenses. :)
  4. D

Is Pixel-Shift coming to the Canon EOS R5?

OK, so how does that differ from what car manufacturers do? I never hear anyone complain that Toyota "Crippled" the Avalon because they didn't include the fancier audio system that they put in the Lexus ES350 (hypothetical example). I remember years ago that a company called Pioneer made a...
  5. D

Good point. One of the side benefits of things being so heavily dependent on firmware, is that a product can be released with a basic set of features and enhanced over time. This reduces the initial development time, allowing the initial product release date to be sooner. It probably allows...
  6. D

"let's not pretend that the Cripple Hammer doesn't exist." I guess the converse is to believe that "the cripple hammer" DOES exist. The reality is that companies differentiate products based on features, the features have value. You can call it whatever you want but it amounts to wanting...
  7. D

Patent: Internal liquid cooling of camera body

That sounds like the "Magneto-Hydrodynamic" drive from the Red October :)
  8. D

Patent: Internal liquid cooling of camera body

I wonder is we'll be able to get it with a transparent case, continuously variable LED lighting and glow in the dark coolent?
  9. D

New information about the upcoming Canon EOS R5C [CR3]

Not a video guy but the answer would seem to be to put the audio mic somewhere else.
  10. D

A new Canon ILC appears for certification, but we already know what it is

Ah, ha. I had not seen an actual Canon claim. Thanks for the reply.
  11. D

A new Canon ILC appears for certification, but we already know what it is

Ho do you know it actually has a stacked sensor?
  12. D

Firmware: Canon Cinema EOS C70 v1.0.1.1

OK. I must have misread somewhere, then. Thanks.
  13. D

Firmware: Canon Cinema EOS C70 v1.0.1.1

Wasn't there a rumored FW update to the EOS R5 coming around now or did I misread somewhere.
  14. D

Here are more images of the Canon EOS R3

Just out of curiosity, how does the optical AF button work? What does it bring to the game?
  15. D

Canon talks EOS R3, and confirms that it is not the flagship mirrorless

"Wildlife, sports, racing, and photojournalism" I wonder if this camera is motivated, to some extent by AP's moving to Sony a while back. Maybe to run well in that market, they need something that doesn't cost like a "1" series but is more suited to PJ?
  16. D

Let’s talk about the Canon EOS R3 [CR2]

Probably is a "Sport-Camera" since the Olympics is comming up and Canon usually has something for that.
  17. D

Confirmed, a Canon EOS R5c is going to be announced this year [CR3]

How much could a fan cost :) LOL.
  18. D

A Canon Speedlite EL-10 is coming in 2021 [CR2]

I have never figured out what the EL-1 does to justify an $1100 price tag.
  19. D

The next major firmware updates for the EOS R5 and EOS R6 will come in Q1 of 2021 [CR2]

Probably pretty handy if you are producing professional videos. I don't intend to do much video. IMO it is a whole new mindset.
  20. D

The next major firmware updates for the EOS R5 and EOS R6 will come in Q1 of 2021 [CR2]

Looks like it is all video stuff. I guess some day I'll have to learn what the hell "C-Log" is and why I should be excited.