Search results

1. K

Canon, Canon Canon….. Please help the video stars

Exactly! I've tried Sony and Nikon, but within two minutes, I am fighting with the ergonomics and the menu system. Button placement, icons and menu layout are exactly opposite to what I find logical, so these cameras are not for me. For example, turning the lens clockwise to unlock it, really...
  2. K

Canon, Canon Canon….. Please help the video stars

I seriously don't get all this fuss about missing 24p. What's the big deal? Set the cam to PAL and shoot 25p, what's the difference? Here in Europe, we shoot video at 1080p25 all the time, so I couldn't care less about 24p...
  3. K

Hacking the Canon Connect Station CS100

Yep, I actually bought two of them! But not for the ridiculous price of € 119,00 here in Holland. They were on sale a while back in the Canon Store for € 39,- which was a bargain. They were getting rid of them I guess. I gave one of them to my 70+ yr. dad for his birthday, and he is totally...
  4. K

EF 50 f/1.4 USM replacement

I agree with that, the accuracy of the Tamron is fine but the 50 1.4 has faster AF. But for me, the Tamron is much more useable: it's sharper, very silent and has IS. Perfect for shooting a movie, and stills. I'm glad I got it and sold the Canon 1.4. With the ability to update the firmware...
  5. K

Exif editor advice please.

There's also XnView: http://www.xnview.com/en/xnview/ It can do EXIF time adjustments in batch processing :-)
  6. K

Your most "exotic" lens ?

That's a nice one, it looks like new!
  7. K

Your most "exotic" lens ?

My most exotic lens would be the EBC Fujinon-T 135mm f/2.5. It's a vintage oldie, but in great condition. Fully manual with an M42 thread. I use an adapter to mount it on my 6D. I glued a chip on the adapter so I have EXIF info and AF confirmation on the camera. I bought it to experiment a bit...
  8. K

Light temperature measurement

I think the sensor itself is probably suited for the job, but you need the proper piece of software that has this function. As an alternative, how about if you light a greycard with your lamp and then take a picture of it. Then use the WB eyedropper in Lightroom or any other editing software to...
  9. K

BEST NON CANON FLASH WITH BEST AF BEAM IN LOW LIGHT

Yes, Metz will work. I have the Mecablitz 58 AF-2 and it has a good AF assist beam. It has never let me down so far. I use it with a 6D, and a 60D in the past. I also like the menu structure a lot better than that of the 580...
  10. K

Adobe Releases Lightroom 6.2 & CC 2015.2

Re: Adobe Releases Lightroom 6.2 & CC 2015.2 Ha ha, I love the 'Item Under Review' remark-box.
  11. K

Re: Adobe Releases Lightroom 6.2 & CC 2015.2 I can only speculate about why they do that... Why is it equally difficult to buy a perpetual version of LR? I mean it's not that they have two buttons on the Lightroom landing page: "Hi, welcome to Adobe Lightroom. Which version would you like to...
  12. K

Re: Adobe Releases Lightroom 6.2 & CC 2015.2 Here's a link with all the direct downloads listed: http://prodesigntools.com/adobe-lightroom-6-cc-direct-download-links.html Very handy for a stand-alone Lightroom user such as myself. I rolled back to 6.1.1 yesterday :-)
  13. K

Update on Lightroom 2015.2 / Lightroom 6.2 Release

Could you please read the post before mine, to put things in the right context? Thank you.
  14. K

Update on Lightroom 2015.2 / Lightroom 6.2 Release

I think that's a very accurate translation. The previous import-screen was just fine. In my view, you're indeed clueless if you can't find your own photo's on your own harddrive...
  15. K

Canon EF 24-70 f/2.8L IS Mentioned Again [CR2]

I would also rather see an update of the 24-105 instead of this one. Would be really nice if they could make it a 24-120 f/4 IS USM, just like the Nikon. A little sharper, and without the CA please :-)
  16. K

Black Rapid Straps and Camera Wear

Thanks for the link, his solution looks very usable. I think i'm going to order one of these plates, because i'm fooling around with my camera strap for too long now...
  17. K

How do you update Canon lens firmware?

Yes, it is possible to update some lenses yourself, with certain body's (see above msg.). The EOS M also has this capability in the menu. I used it to update my 40mm pancake, through the mount adapter. Works perfectly!
  18. K

Will the Solar Eclipse damage my camera?

Probably not the sensor. That's because exposure time will be really short, and the sensor is 'protected' by the mirror and shutter. It can cause other types of damage however, see here for an example: http://www.the-digital-picture.com/Help/Flare.aspx Ray
  19. K

Who ruined the site by forcing mobile on me!

No, no, NO! >:( I do not like the new lay-out of the frontpage! Not on my desktop and not on my mobile phone. CR has lost some point here from me...
  20. K

Nikon appears to be doing a quiet recall of the D750

No, it's not a quiet recall. An official statement has already been issued in december.