Search results

1. trentchau

Italian Actress

excellent lighting. Question on the image on the right is the stepping in the fall off the led lighting or was it just compression for the image?
  2. trentchau

Post your best portraits(street, studio, candid etc...).

It's hard for me to choose since I shoot about 65,000 portraits a year. (Yes that much) But the current one that people really like is this one. you can see more of my work at http://trentchau.500px.com, there's a crap ton more portraits there.
  3. trentchau

Sadie - Lyra, Flour, and Chaos

Canon 5d Mark II and a 70-200 2.8L II IS probably
  4. trentchau

Atlanta Oakland Cemetery - Infrared B/W

I think it's a 720nm but I don't know, it belongs to a buddy.
  5. trentchau

Atlanta Oakland Cemetery - Infrared B/W

Using a IR converted Canon 40D, Shot Monochrome, and some of my own processing.
  6. trentchau

A girl and her horse

Einstein at full power with a 43" Brolly Box, and a Alienbee 800 with 20 degree grid as a kicker.
  7. trentchau

A girl and her horse

Silly people, she has black rider shorts on :) Anyways for those with a short memory, Victoria was one of the bikini models I put up a few weeks ago. More photos here : http://www.flickr.com/photos/trentchau/sets/72157630373040066/
  8. trentchau

Sadie - Lyra, Flour, and Chaos

Some black and whites of an awesome local Atlanta Aerialist named Sadie. She's stunningly fun and great. See more photos here - http://www.flickr.com/photos/trentchau/sets/72157630137830318/with/7377597358/
  9. trentchau

Depth of Field, composition and thinking it through...

Hey sorry, you know what you are doing obviously. Sorry you didn't get the shot you exactly wanted :) Just playing around. Just reiterating the fact that it's more than just aperture. My 85 1.2L II looks better at F11 than 16, and my 100 2.8L macro did also.
  10. trentchau

We, The Photographers......Self Portaits..a Who's Who on CR

fairly recent I guess.
  11. trentchau

Step back and crop in :) On some lens F16 could look worse than F11.
  12. trentchau

A girl and her horse

So shooting a girl on a horse is crazy...I've been shooting for a while and didn't realize just how awesomely beautiful yet difficult horses could be. Here's Victoria and her horse Ditto. Oh note, I didn't realize horses absorbed so much light :)
  13. trentchau

BODY portrait....of Alex, 19....

excellent texture, great lighting. Is that clarity creating the halo?
  14. trentchau

Sandy knows it, but for those who don't...it's more than just aperture that controls DOF. DOF is 1) Aperture 2) Distance from subject 3) MM of lens 4) Distance of background/foreground elements from subject. Saying that you can shoot F16 all you want, get large dofs, but also get DOF effect...
  15. trentchau

5DM3 is not doing all I hoped...wanting to upgrade to 1DX

Heh sounds like you need a specialized camera than. Orsome hot lights for auto focus assist :)
  16. trentchau

5DM3 is not doing all I hoped...wanting to upgrade to 1DX

I'm curious, why would you think B&H would take it back? None the less what I'm curious about is what you were using before to do this type of photography.
  17. trentchau

Ah! A few for the ladies... ;)

awesome than, it rocks when a clients happy.
  18. trentchau

Noob here. Feedback appreciated

For post work, To bring attention to the little one, burn the right side of the bench a little, and dodge her. I agree with what everyone says here for stuff next time.
  19. trentchau

Ah! A few for the ladies... ;)

Sandy imho the softness of his body in the first one takes away from the picture. It's great for a headshot, but with the softlines and details, and the more tired that at attention pose it looks like it would be a better headshot. It's a great headshot, but a weaker mid body shot imo.
  20. trentchau

First post - Sharing work

Lol a legend? Do tell? Heh my website design is from 2007 (www.trentchau.com), it's so dated but I'm kinda emotionally attached to it :)